Icy Phoenix

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. 
Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post FAP SUPPORT - Problems After Moving To A New Host 

I finally have access to my web after moving to a new host.  I restored my phpbb database files and uploaded all the related files to the forum folder.  The forum has a few kinks that I'm working on but overall seems in good shape.  The FAP is another story - when I try to access it, I get the following error:

Could not query Album config information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'scrapuni_p_bb1.phpbb_album_config' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM phpbb_album_config

Line : 46
File : album_common.php

As part of the preparation for this move, I not only backuped the database from within phpbb admin but also did a complete dump of all my MySQL databases to my hard drive as well.  But when I try to import that data, my access is denied due to the change in the localhost information.

I have lost everything for the album?

GeekyGirlSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Problems After Moving To A New Host 

If you have all the album database structure, data, and the contents of the album upload directories ..... there is no reason why you can't get it back like it was.

GeekyGirl wrote: 
But when I try to import that data, my access is denied due to the change in the localhost information.

Is this using phpMyAdmin ? Have you contacted your host about this.

ArtieSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Artie wrote: [View Post]
If you have all the album database structure, data, and the contents of the album upload directories ..... there is no reason why you can't get it back like it was.

GeekyGirl wrote: 
But when I try to import that data, my access is denied due to the change in the localhost information.

Is this using phpMyAdmin ? Have you contacted your host about this.

I'm hoping I backed up all the data.  I did a backup within phpbb using the normal backup and then just did a complete dump of all databases so I assumed I had captured all the data.

It is using phpMyAdmin - I can access my databases and work with the current data but because the backup data has a different host and username attached to it, it won't let me perform the import.

I am also experiencing problems with phpbb itself because I can't access the admin panel at all now and am getting login errors.  This move has not been a good one in any way!  I just hope I can recoup some of my creations so I don't have to rebuild everything.

Back to topPage bottom

GeekyGirl wrote: [View Post]
I did a backup within phpbb using the normal backup and then just did a complete dump of all databases so I assumed I had captured all the data.

Was this dump done using phpMyAdmin ?

Back to topPage bottom

yes, i used the export feature and exported all into one file.

Back to topPage bottom

I don't understand the problem you are having with importing the data, unless the table prefix is different. There should be no host nor username association to the sql dump.

You can open the sql dump in a text editor and copy the needed table creations and inserts (changing the prefix, if needed), then insert them manually via phpMyAdmin >> SQL

Back to topPage bottom

Just a note, when I copied/pasted a backup into SQL once it screwed up characters like äöü etc. so instead of copying/pasting now, I split up the backup file in smaller files and keep them under the upload limit.

Geeky Girl, did you check that phpbb_album_config is in your backup file?

lefty74Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Before you replied, I decided to look at the dump file and discovered a few things...

1. The servername was listed so I changed all occurrences to the new server name.
2. There is an ftp username and password.  I can't change the pasword because it is encrypted and cannot create the user because it starts with the servername of the old server.
3.  All the album data is there - Yippee!

So, can I just delete that information all together?

Back to topPage bottom

Ok, I isolated just the album tables and was able to get the loaded.

Now when I try to access the album, I get the following error:

Couldn't access list of Album Categories

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'c.cat_user_id' in 'where clause'

SELECT c.*, COUNT(p.pic_id) AS count, '' AS username FROM phpbb_album_cat AS c LEFT JOIN phpbb_album AS p ON c.cat_id = p.pic_cat_id WHERE cat_id <> 0 AND c.cat_user_id = 0 GROUP BY cat_id ORDER BY cat_order ASC

Line : 135
File : album_hierarchy_sql.php

I can't enter the Admin panel because I get the error that the web page cannot be found so I can't make any changes to the album through this channel.

Back to topPage bottom

When you go to phpMyAdmin and look at the phpbb_album_cat table, there should be a field called cat_user_id. Can you see that? If not, then something must have gone with the upload.

lefty74Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

lefty74 wrote: [View Post]
When you go to phpMyAdmin and look at the phpbb_album_cat table, there should be a field called cat_user_id. Can you see that? If not, then something must have gone with the upload.

I have a cat_id and it seems that all the categories are listed correctly.

Back to topPage bottom

You did not mention that your album on the other server was not FAP, but Smartors.  

By the errors you are now getting I assume you have uploaded the FAP files as an attempt at upgrading from Smartor.

Now that you have your database restored with the Smartor Album tables you need to run the fap_install.php
This will update the tables for FAP......you will get a few error warnings such as "Could not drop ..... Table already exist" ... most can be ignored.

Be sure you have followed all upgrade instructions.

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
## Upgrading from Smartor Album or older FAP or combination of Smartor Album and some Album Mods
## =======================================
##
## If you are upgrading from older versions of Smartor Album or FAP, you should first uninstall
## the modifications listed in the installation files of those mods, and then apply the ones listed here.
## There is no need to remove the SQL part, since you can use "fap_install.php" to upgrade from any version.
## Just remember that if you are upgrading from older Album version, you may need to run even the
## Personal Galleries migration step from "fap_install.php", just after having installed FAP.

Back to topPage bottom

That's my problem...I had one forum with smartors but then I did a test forum starting with a fresh install of FAP.  I backed up both but I must have gotten the two phpbb backups mixed up.

I had problems with the smartor version so is it better to start with a fresh clean install of php and go from there?

Back to topPage bottom

Here's an update...

I discovered that all the problems I was having was problems with my host.  There was an ftp problem that was corrupting any files I uploaded, there were problems with the install of the phpbb and the list goes on.

So after several attempts to work with the tech support and getting nowhere, I had to move to a new host all over again.

Things are working smoothly now.  I have the album restored and working - all except the personal galleries which I have updated that information in my post specifically about that.

Thanks for all your help!!! You were better than the hosting company's tech support by far!!

Back to topPage bottom

Glad to hear you have things going your way now  

Back to topPage bottom
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Page 1 of 1

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List