Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Icy Phoenix To Orion BBCode Convertor 

Hi all,
I've created this convertor for all users which want to leave Icy Phoenix to use another premodded or just plain phpBB.

This script convert all Icy Phoenix BBCodes in a format which may be read by standard phpBB BBCodes parsing functions.

Use this program at your own risk... make a full backup and some test before using it on live site.

You have been warned... I won't support this or answer to damage you have created using this file.

bbc_rep_orion.zip
Description: BBCode Replacer IP To Orion 
Download
Filename: bbc_rep_orion.zip
Filesize: 13.4 KB
Downloaded: 281 Time(s)

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Icy Phoenix To Orion BBCode Convertor 

Hi,

the other direction would be great. I need to convert my Orion Database into an Icy Phoenix Database (update_to_ip.php seems not to be working on Orion-DB). What else can i do to change my Board from Orion to IP?

Regards
k0m4

edit: Lately it works. But some actions always result in SQL-Errors, e.g. showing profiles, using the album, etc. Tables/columns seem to be missing. Any ideas?

k0m4Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

k0m4 wrote: [View Post]
Hi,

the other direction would be great. I need to convert my Orion Database into an Icy Phoenix Database (update_to_ip.php seems not to be working on Orion-DB). What else can i do to change my Board from Orion to IP?

Regards
k0m4

edit: Lately it works. But some actions always result in SQL-Errors, e.g. showing profiles, using the album, etc. Tables/columns seem to be missing. Any ideas?

Open a topic in support section telling us the errors you have and we will solve them.

Back to topPage bottom

OMG...thank you so much for this MG!  but i doubt anyone would want to leave IP!

anyways i still want to try it out in case i want to leave!  will let you know of the progress or errors  

toledoSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Users are free to use anything they like... I don't care for users who want to leave.

We are open source, I'm not making money with Icy Phoenix, I'm working for free.

Of course I'm afraid if someone wants to leave... but it is life... nothing can last forever, and there are so many good products around the web.

Icy Phoenix is simple to be used at basic level... but I guess it is difficult to be customized if you are not a good coder.

Finally I'm not a professional even if I put so many efforts in this project...

Back to topPage bottom

Mighty Gorgon wrote: [View Post]
Users are free to use anything they like... I don't care for users who want to leave.

We are open source, I'm not making money with Icy Phoenix, I'm working for free.

Of course I'm afraid if someone wants to leave... but it is life... nothing can last forever, and there are so many good products around the web.

Icy Phoenix is simple to be used at basic level... but I guess it is difficult to be customized if you are not a good coder.

yup...ur right! i agree with you 101 %!

toledoSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Mighty Gorgon wrote: [View Post]

Thank goodness this is an older post

I'm not a professional either.  

I started remodding Orion and adding a lot of extras to it Here because I really didn't like the look of Orion, the file layout, the OLD phpBB-look template system or the "English" support.

And then I found IcyPhoenix - and everything I was g o i n g to do has come to a grinding halt.

IcyPhoenix will do me fine  - and you are to be congratulated on your effort to bring it to what it is today.  

Your the Man MG, I hope you don't get burned out for along time to come.

And I'm still learning this system thoroughly before I remove myphp-bb and replace it with this.

Back to topPage bottom

Lopalong wrote: [View Post]
IcyPhoenix will do me fine  - and you are to be congratulated on your effort to bring it to what it is today.  

Your the Man MG, I hope you don't get burned out for along time to come.

Thanks, I really appreciate.

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List