Icy Phoenix

[mod Rc1] Spacer And Tab Bbcode

Article
Reply with quote    Download Post  
Post [mod Rc1] Spacer And Tab Bbcode 

hi 2 extra bbcode I find useful though there are no buttons just have to input them manually...

spacer bbcode allows you to add spaces between anything upto 100 spaces... this is not possible when trying to add bbcode normally as it will always leave 1 space...

2 examples of how this works..

1. [spacer] will add one space you can use this over and over to add more spaces or use
2. [spacer=n][/spacer] (n being a number from 1-100 you can use more but it break the text box]

Tab bbcode works like a normal tab it creates 8 spaces.. just use

[tab] so it can look like a start of a paragraph etc... This is my first  small mod for Icy phoenix

12_04_2009_19_03_48

3 install files in the attachment one for each mod and one to install both mods

enjoy

ps though holding the space bar down on this site will create the same thing does not work on my site like that

quick                test              wierd

Spacer_and_Tab_Bbcode_Rc1.rar
Description: Spacer and tab bbcode 
Download
Filename: Spacer_and_Tab_Bbcode_Rc1.rar
Filesize: 4.11 KB
Downloaded: 260 Time(s)

Last edited by DWho on Sun 12 Apr, 2009 20:12; edited 1 time in total 
DWho - View user's profile Send private message  
DWho [ Sun 12 Apr, 2009 19:36 ]
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Comments
Post Re: [mod Rc1] Spacer And Tab Bbcode 

A demo to render idea?

pax - View user's profile Send private message  
pax [ Sun 12 Apr, 2009 19:44 ]

Sorry I do not have a live test site to show but will update first post with some images

LOL it would appear you can use as many spaces in an icy site as you like just not at the beginning so thats makes the spacer bbcode obsolete LOL

though the tab bbcode will work as it should for creating paragraphs

I will leave this up if anyone wants to use it

DWho [ Sun 12 Apr, 2009 19:50 ]

DWho, you are on a roll with all these MODS!  Excellent work!

I'm going to move this to the Icy Phoenix Customizations forum if you don't mind.

Chaotic - View user's profile Send private message  
Chaotic [ Sun 12 Apr, 2009 23:56 ]

DWho wrote: [View Post]
LOL it would appear you can use as many spaces in an icy site as you like just not at the beginning so thats makes the spacer bbcode obsolete LOL

Yeah, you kind of lost me as to the purpose of the mod and I just spent some time trying to find what it does that IP doesn't already do.

Maybe Icy does too much, and we haven't found some of the things yet. But what IP doesn't do is hold the format in "Preview"; which I doubt can be fixed, because the post is raw.

This was some test script I used - for Demo / Testing Purpose.

The community makes the community. Not the admin.

True, but you can't just expect them to make a community for you. It would be nice if it worked that way, but unfortunately, it doesn't. As an admin, it is your job to brush up interest.                     Unless users are very passionate (Themes for a forum software aren't exactly something to be passionate about), it will stagnate if left alone.

Now                      we have all sorts of different flavored bulletin boards (not a bad thing), and anyone and everyone can set one up. I believe the growing trend has passed, and some new technology will come next. Something more helpful and better. Bulletin Boards have reached their peak, and now I think that they are slowly dying. They just don't seem as popular and fun anymore, when you have one at every corner.

Only the well-established and very popular ones survive. All the rest die in the history of the internet. A milestone in our lives, faint memories of the old days when the database is lost and gone.

Inactive User [ Mon 13 Apr, 2009 06:14 ]

LOL yep after I made the mods it would seem that you do not need them.... except when you first write something for example the first paragraph..

I used the space bar 20 times at the very beginning of this post and no spaces show..

but as you said you can then use it anywhere after                                        and it works fine...

LOL I made these for icy .27c and do not really need them still good exercise

DWho [ Mon 13 Apr, 2009 11:53 ]

P

Mate, There are so many changes from 27, beta1 and 2 that have been modified and added to RC1 - That I'm frightened what I'm going to come across next.

Oddball thing about the first line not holding spaces, but I think most if not all .php editors do the same thing.

Me! I generally stick a smilie or write something loose on the first line if need be.

I used to put  P there like I have now; until some clown asked what was the p doing in the corner.

Yeah! well - - - - -    

Edit:

I've also just finished stripping both my computer and website of everything but RC1. Now I have more space than I know what to do with!

Inactive User [ Mon 13 Apr, 2009 12:15 ]

Lopalong wrote: [View Post]
P

Mate, There are so many changes from 27, beta1 and 2 that have been modified and added to RC1 - That I'm frightened what I'm going to come across next.

Oddball thing about the first line not holding spaces, but I think most if not all .php editors do the same thing.

Me! I generally stick a smilie or write something loose on the first line if need be.

I used to put  P there like I have now; until some clown asked what was the p doing in the corner.

Yeah! well - - - - -     

Edit:

I've also just finished stripping both my computer and website of everything but RC1. Now I have more space than I know what to do with!

LOL very good

DWho [ Mon 13 Apr, 2009 12:23 ]

HideWas this topic useful?