Moderators - Group Email

Subject: Moderators - Group Email
If anyone ever gets the chance and needs something to work on, we need the moderators of groups to be able to mass email and mass PM their group members.

Maybe there is something out there already that I just did not see. If there is please let me know.

Thanks,

Dave

Subject: Re: Moderators - Group Email
If you trusted your group leaders enough, you could give them junior administrator privileges to the ACP -> General -> Mass Email/PM option.

Chaotic wrote: [View Post]
If you trusted your group leaders enough, you could give them junior administrator privileges to the ACP -> General -> Mass Email/PM option.

You left out the risks, Chaotic!

Only risk: That a mod turns mad or selects in a incorrect way what group to send the mail/PM and it gets sent to all the users. It will generate a bulk load of CPU if mails are sent to all users, due to the sockets, and it could enlarge your DB size if PMs are used.

Profile PM  
Good thought, I wish it was that simple. They all have JR privileges but not to the ACP. To be honest.....I don't think that will happen anyway. I trust their loyalty but not their computer smarts.

Thanks,

Dave

novice programmer wrote: [View Post]
Chaotic wrote: [View Post]

You left out the risks, Chaotic!

Only risk: That a mod turns mad or selects in a incorrect way what group to send the mail/PM and it gets sent to all the users. It will generate a bulk load of CPU if mails are sent to all users, due to the sockets, and it could enlarge your DB size if PMs are used.

As I said earlier, you should explicitly trust your group leaders before doing that. If a member is appointed group leader, you'd assume they are at least somewhat trustworthy so taking that next step is up to the administrator.

:)

Page 1 of 1