Exclude Certain News Categories

Subject: Exclude Certain News Categories
Hey all,

I would like to have some more choices for the newsblock, but I do not know how to create them. For example, if you go to the portal, I would like to exclude some news categories from the portal, or somehow choose what news is put on the frontpage. Is this possible?

For example:
You got 4 news categories: games, fun, movies & Adult (18+)
You do not want adult categories to be shown on your portal, so that you could make a 'switch' where you can switch it on/off.

Another example:
You again got 4 news categories: games, fun, movies, adult.
This time you only want Games and Fun to be shown on the portal.
The link could be: yourwebsite.com/index.php?cat_id=1&cat_id=2 or something like that.

Third example:
If you have multiple languages: english, spanish and french.
If you do not want to use the multilinguagal mod, but want a different portal for the three languages, but you want them to display only news in your visitors own language.
So, if you have forums called "Games Spanish" and "Games French", on the french portal you only see Games french, fun french and movies french.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by OwnageWorld on Thu 08 Oct, 2009 12:58; edited 2 times in total
Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Exclude Certain News Categories
If i´m not wrong , what you can do is exclude forum´s by ID from beeing shown in last messages on index.

there´s is an option in ACP / configuration/ Icy-Phoenix/sql optimization for that. But i think there´s no option to do the similar with categories of new´s

Subject: Re: Exclude Certain News Categories
You need to work with blocks and permissions, currently there is no way to exclude special categories from index, but you will achieve the same by giving the appropriate permissions to forums where they are posted.

You can also try to use the FORUM ATTACHMENTS block which is really powerful, but it will require a while to understand how it works.

Page 1 of 1