Icy Phoenix

Custom Profile Field: Invitation Code

Article
Reply with quote    Download Post  
Post Custom Profile Field: Invitation Code 

This is a question about a feature not available in the cms. I have site that implements Wordpress, Drupal and now IP. WP and Dru have this field available, and I'm wondering if I can get this here or be guided to the file(s) I need to edit or add to make this feature available to me (and possibly others).

The field should have these attributes:
  • A text field that is visible on during registration only. (I have done this with Field Type: Text Field; Allow Users to View: Yes; Viewing Settings: No to All)
  • This text field acts as Confirmation code, but has one (or more) admin defined codes. This allows restriction of new members based on a code previously communicated. (should I clone and edit the captcha module?)
  • Optional: If possible, storing a list of selected words in the database (along with word expiry dates) would make this feature perfect.

contemplator - View user's profile Send private message  
contemplator [ Wed 10 Jul, 2013 22:14 ]
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Comments
Reply with quote    Download Post  
Post Re: Custom Profile Field: Invitation Code 

Hi Erix, unfortunately such a feature is not currently available.

If you have PHP skills, you may try to code it by using CAPTCHA code, or you can create a new plugin to implement this... I can guide you if you wish.

Mighty Gorgon - View user's profile Send private message  
Mighty Gorgon [ Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:04 ]

HideWas this topic useful?