Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post 027-0019 Find A Username 

Hi All

Sorry if this is in the wrong section I did do a search and found nothing (honest), I recently installed icyphoenix and everything seems fine apart from if I log into ACP and goto users and select manage I am presented with a select a user box, now if i select "find a username" a seach box pops up now if I enter a name with a wild card it does find the user name in the dropdown list but thats it I cant select the user or do anything else.

Version of Icy Phoenix: 1.2.0.27
Version of phpBB: 2.0.23
Version of PHP: 4.4.8
Version of MySQL: 5.0.45-community

n1cks21Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Find A Username 

This is still causing me problems................

Back to topPage bottom

Perhaps a screenshot might help? Make sure you have no disabled javascript in your browser for your own site. Go into ACP > Users > Userlist > Open/Close > Manage?  

crimsonsunSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Not sure a screen shot will help as no error message gets displayed, basically the screen flashes and thats it....... under further investigation I have found the below :-

If I select ACP > Users > (any option) ie edit postcounts,manage (you get the idea) and then select Find a Username (http://www.uk-alliance.com/search.php?mode=searchuser) all that happens is the below screen appears I search the user, then select the user from the drop down box but then nothing the screen flashes but nothing........

however

If I goto the home page and from the menu I select Users and groups and then select Usergroups I can select a group once I have selected a group I get the option at the bottom of the screen to Find a Username, if I choose this option I get to the same page (http://www.uk-alliance.com/search.php?mode=searchuser) however this time if I enter a name I can select the name from the drop down menu and it works fine..........

It just doesnt seem to work from the ACP

error

Back to topPage bottom

I Don't know if I understood it well. The problem is that when you select the username in the drop down list and then press the "select" button it doesn't do anything?

hal9000Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Try using this location in the ACP > Users: "Extended User Search"

You can use wild cards etc, and it brings up a window with lots of options.

Back to topPage bottom

hal9000 wrote: [View Post]
I Don't know if I understood it well. The problem is that when you select the username in the drop down list and then press the "select" button it doesn't do anything?

Yes correct if I select the Find A member option from ACP it doesnt work however if I select Find a member option through the main menu it works a treat.................................

Back to topPage bottom

Lopalong wrote: [View Post]
Try using this location in the ACP > Users: "Extended User Search"

You can use wild cards etc, and it brings up a window with lots of options.

yes that works fine but doesnt help me if I am doing something like "Edit Postcount"

Back to topPage bottom

Ohhh! I see what's happening, at least in my test.  The problem is not the search pop-up window, but the main window where you press "find user", which advances the same that if you pressed "watch user" (or whatever it is in English) instead of remains on the current location waiting for the username returned by the pop-up, thus giving an "user doesn't exist" error in the main window and leaving the pop-up window without a target to which return the username.

As a workaround while this gets fixed, you may do this:
1) search the user in the pop-up window
2) without close the pop-up nor press "select", go to the main window and press the "go back" button on your browser (or ALT+left arrow) to return to the page which is waiting the name
3) return to the pop-up and press "select"

I hope this helps.

hal9000Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

n1cks21 wrote: [View Post]

yes that works fine but doesnt help me if I am doing something like "Edit Postcount"

Sorry n1cks, I misunderstood the problem

Back to topPage bottom

hal9000 wrote: [View Post]
Ohhh! I see what's happening, at least in my test.  The problem is not the search pop-up window, but the main window where you press "find user", which advances the same that if you pressed "watch user" (or whatever it is in English) instead of remains on the current location waiting for the username returned by the pop-up, thus giving an "user doesn't exist" error in the main window and leaving the pop-up window without a target to which return the username.

As a workaround while this gets fixed, you may do this:
1) search the user in the pop-up window
2) without close the pop-up nor press "select", go to the main window and press the "go back" button on your browser (or ALT+left arrow) to return to the page which is waiting the name
3) return to the pop-up and press "select"

I hope this helps.

Thank You the workaround does fix the problem.........

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: 027-0019 Find A Username 

I have fixed this.

OPEN templates/common/ACP/user_select_body.tpl
FIND
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
<input type="submit" name="usersubmit" value="{L_FIND_USERNAME}" class="liteoption" onClick="window.open('{U_SEARCH_USER}','_phpbbsearch','width=400,height=250,resizable=yes');" />

REPLACE WITH
<input type="button" name="usersubmit" value="{L_FIND_USERNAME}" class="liteoption" onClick="window.open('{U_SEARCH_USER}','_phpbbsearch','width=400,height=250,resizable=yes');" />

Apply the same to this file...

OPEN templates/common/ACP/group_edit_body.tpl
FIND
<input type="submit" name="usersubmit" value="{L_FIND_USERNAME}" class="liteoption" onClick="window.open('{U_SEARCH_USER}','_phpbbsearch','width=400,height=250,resizable=yes');" />

REPLACE WITH
<input type="button" name="usersubmit" value="{L_FIND_USERNAME}" class="liteoption" onClick="window.open('{U_SEARCH_USER}','_phpbbsearch','width=400,height=250,resizable=yes');" />

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List