Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Some Bugs? 

Hi, I've just swapped my old integramod based phpbb to XS for my site ( http://www.posetteforever.com ) and I've some questions to ask :

Try this:

http://www.phpBBXS.eu/topic_view_users.php

-I can't trim the news lenght on the portal page, there is an option in the im portal ACP but it doesn't work, I had to do it myself in the database (phpbb_config)
-I had a "user does not exist" error that appeared for apparently no reasons, I had to comment some line in the functions.php file to fix it, it's related to an advanced IP tool thing, can you explain what happened ?
-If I set an XS news block in the portal it doesn't work, the XS news work only in the forum page
-The "album 2" block freezes the whole site
-If I play with style, for example for halloween I fixed the style to a black one some mess happen with the style, in particulare after replying to a post the original style reappears, I found that it's related to the UPI2DB mod, I turned it off but this is a bug
-There are blocks in the IM portal that simply don't work
-The link (phpBBXS.eu/) in the footer goes to a 403 page

I installed some mods that are needed for my site, however the problems appeared on a vanilla installation

Thank you for the help.

tormentorSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Some Bugs ? 

Greets Tormentor, although how should one greet their tormentor?

tormentor wrote: [View Post]
Try this:
http://www.phpBBXS.eu/topic_view_users.php
Not sure what you are trying to prove here - topic_view_users.php requires some input - you have to append a topic_id to topic_view_users.php, for e.g. http://www.phpBBXS.eu/topic_view_users.php?t=547.

-I can't trim the news lenght on the portal page, there is an option in the im portal ACP but it doesn't work, I had to do it myself in the database (phpbb_config)
By default, this is now done in ACP>>News>>News Configuration, unless you add/edit a news block that uses the old IMPortal news block file called "forum". By default it is an XS news block file called "news".

-If I set an XS news block in the portal it doesn't work, the XS news work only in the forum page
Are you referring to an rss news feed? This is the only thing by default which has some problems. The fix can be found here: http://www.phpBBXS.eu/viewtopic.php?t=513

-There are blocks in the IM portal that simply don't work
Like what exactly? There are some differences in the XS implementation of IMPortal - unfortunately somebody decided to set it up so that the site wide header and footer were removed, and just have nav quicklinks on index and forum pages (portal.php and index.php in integramod). It is easy to overcome that by following through the install of IMPortal. You'd need to remove some things in nav_links file - search here, I know I've mentioned something about it in the past

-The link (phpBBXS.eu/) in the footer goes to a 403 page
Thats strange, have you edited overall_footer.tpl? are you sure its phpBBXS.eu/ and not http://www.phpBBXS.eu/ ? The other possibility may be that you tried it and the site/directory might have been down, as MG is tweaking this site a bit!

On your other points, I'm not sure at this stage. How did you do the install? Was it a fresh install? Or did you run an updrade script on an existing integramod site? The latter is perfectly possible, since it installs / updates tables in SQL with fields that XS uses, whilst any surplus SQL fields from the additional mods in integramod (that are not included in XS) are ignored.

moreteavicarSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Quote:
Not sure what you are trying to prove here - topic_view_users.php requires some input - you have to append a topic_id to topic_view_users.php, for e.g. http://www.phpBBXS.eu/topic_view_users.php?t=547.

Not want to prove anything, I simply followed what a crawler was watching and found this page, yep, it requires an input but it shouldn't show an error even without it. But after your explanation I consider it a minor problem or not a problem at all.

Quote:

By default, this is now done in ACP>>News>>News Configuration, unless you add/edit a news block that uses the old IMPortal news block file called "forum". By default it is an XS news block file called "news".

On the news mod ported on the IM portal it can be trimmed by the IM Portal configuration, so it's natural to see there, and there this option exists even if it's useless and controlled by another ACP module. By default the news block doesn't appear in the portal, so one have to import it in the as an IM block, and the options are doubled, So why don't make the same option working in the IM configuration too (or delete it) ?

Quote:
Are you referring to an rss news feed? This is the only thing by default which has some problems. The fix can be found here: http://www.phpBBXS.eu/viewtopic.php?t=513

tnx

Quote:
Like what exactly? There are some differences in the XS implementation of IMPortal - unfortunately somebody decided to set it up so that the site wide header and footer were removed, and just have nav quicklinks on index and forum pages (portal.php and index.php in integramod). It is easy to overcome that by following through the install of IMPortal. You'd need to remove some things in nav_links file - search here, I know I've mentioned something about it in the past

Well, the "album2" block doesn't work, the "announcements attach" block doesn't work, the "chat" block gives a "No such file or directory" error, same for "top posters" 2, the "most recent picture" block
 does not show the name of the author. if you put 2 block of topics , for example "recent topic" and "random topic" the lower one doubles its lenght, and the blocks are not cached in the var_cache directory but I think in the main cache directory so when you want to make a change it's useless to try to clear the cache from the IM block ACP page, nor in the XS styles ACP page, I had to clear the cache manually with FTP
Quote:

Thats strange, have you edited overall_footer.tpl? are you sure its phpBBXS.eu/ and not http://www.phpBBXS.eu/ ? The other possibility may be that you tried it and the site/directory might have been down, as MG is tweaking this site a bit!

Well, actually it's very strange and I edited nothing, maybe it's something in the .htaccess file, however if you go to one of the pages of my site and click the link to here you can see that the link is correctly displayed but it goes to a 403 page (not mine, I've a costume one). If your refresh the page it works. I don't know why, I tried on a vanilla installation on another site and it works correctly.

Quote:

On your other points, I'm not sure at this stage. How did you do the install? Was it a fresh install? Or did you run an updrade script on an existing integramod site? The latter is perfectly possible, since it installs / updates tables in SQL with fields that XS uses, whilst any surplus SQL fields from the additional mods in integramod (that are not included in XS) are ignored.

No script exist and however mine was a largely modified integramod, so I made a fresh install then worked manually on the database, that was the only way to make the change, I deleted the fields not existing in the XS version from the old database, put the fields existing in the XS version filled with the default value plus I had a photopost album installed and did the same work ( I decided to go back to the smartor album after this mod appeared, I strongly suggest you to add it to XS). Once installed I recreated the search and words database entries using the tools in the ACP, I had also to change the way the smilies were shown in the old forum because in this one a "space" characters has to be between two smilies or they are not "passed" properly (I made a mass "replace" changing all "::" to ": :". Actually I removed your google bot detector and installed a different one configurable in the ACP and I had to do it ASAP because without something stopping the same bot lurking different pages with the same IP my session table, converted to HEAP following the suggestion in the ACP went full and the site stopped, I had to apply this fix. I've alsoadded my beloved forum AI and other things like the cash and lottery mod that are needed by my site. I've to say that I'm not criticizing (I've installed XS and I'm happy with it), maybe I can fix these things myself but not knowing this version very well it would took me a lot of time...

Thank you for your reply and sorry for my bad english.

Back to topPage bottom

Ah, chat isn't installed by default - you'll find it in the contrib directory! And for the upgrade script, it is in the install folder, "update_tp_xs2". Unfortunately the documentation isn't clear about these things (although upgrade is mentioned for converting from old xs and phpbb). Sadly, as it stands, there will not actually be any more work on XS, but there is a new system on the way, a genetic decendent of XS... (hence this site being named Area 69 for now) we'll get the documentation sorted before release

I agree the news blocks are confusing, but the xs news one is a stand alone mod in its own right. Maybe that layout will change in time. I am also thinking of making a mod to integrate the news config (whether IMPortal or XSNews) more integral to the block, so that you specify the news forums and length within the add/edit block, rather than portal config/XS news - then you can have different blocks displaying news from different areas as opposed to having the news all mixed together... just a thought... and not sure if it would be adopted into the new system.

For your 403 message - I can only think your site might be on an ip range recognised as spam/unfriendly - I haven't got time at the moment to check this for you.

The blocks (besides chat) all work fine normally, so perhaps it is either related to the above, or there is a problem in your tables. Try the Database Maintenance... be sure to back up database first though, as it can sometimes move all your sub categories under a temp forum... the thing is just to check there weren't any problems resulting from the transfer of tables - I have problems every time I transfer tables from one forum to another (e.g. when changing host)...

moreteavicarSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Some Bugs? 

First of all, thank you for your reporting here.

• About News configuration: the settings you are seeing in IM PORTAL Blocks Vars are related to FORUM and FORUM_ATTACH blocks, not to the CMX News mod... the description could be misleading... but I don't think this is a bug. Try to enable FORUM or FORUM_ATTACH blocks and you will be able to configure those blocks via the variables you are seeing in IM PORTAL configuration.
  • You're right about the fact that some blocks are not working properly. I'll try to check all the blocks one by one before releasing a new version.
  • Album Block 2 isn't working fine... I've created a new album block (horizontal pics alignment), but what is strange is that conflict with the one which list pictures vertically... and sometimes it freezes Apache. If I find a solution, I'll let you know.
  • I can't understand your smileys problem.
  • I'll check Notification Upon Album Commenting Mod and I'll let you know.
  • Can you explain me in what the new Google Mod is different?

Thank you.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Thank for clearing out the portal block thing Now it's very clear. You can have a look at the fact that if you put more than 1 block related to topics (new and random for example) the second one show itself doubled in the height and with half the table blank  

I've installed a BOT mod form phpbb "mod's in development", before doing it I had about 120 different connections to the site in the same moments, it seems that this cause the session table to become full and the site went down. I had to empty the table manually and find a fix on the knowledge base of phpbb, then I removed partially the "googlemod" and replaced with the one I found on phpbb, the bots can easily be set via the ACP and you can see that it works from the user online table of my portal. I'm not an expert but this mod stops multiple connections from the bots using the same IP so you can have about 8 bots from the same service connected not hundreds, or however this was what happened here (I'm on a godaddy account).

The smiley problem is simple:      works  :mrgreen::mrgreen: doesn't work , in my old forum both worked so I had to search and replace in the post_text table all "::" with ": :"

And for the rest actually and without notice the site stopped to send email for reply notifications, the fix I used till now (cnahe the "undisclosed recipients" in emailer.php with a valid email address doesn't work anymore  

Last edited by tormentor on Tue 07 Nov, 2006 01:33; edited 2 times in total 
Back to topPage bottom

look one more to your new BOT mod installation step by step
what do you did for smtp or ....
I don't know this mod  

difusSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

difus wrote: [View Post]
look one more to your new BOT mod installation step by step
what do you did for smtp or ....
I don't know this mod  

The mod is this one

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=397001&highlight=bots

and because it's abandoned I downloaded it somewhere else, maybe phpbbhacks.com or phpbb2.de, it works very well but it needs a modified portal block if you want to see the bots as registered users in the front page.
(You have also to remove the gogglebot mod)

About the topic reply notification I fixed it putting to "1" the sendmail_fix option in the phpbb_config table (I haven't find the related option in the ACP ), I don't know what it does but now all is working   . I knew that in a godaddy server I had to change the line "Undisclosed_recipients" to a real email address in emailer.php and I did it but the emails stopped going out and I don't know why. with this sendmail fix I can even send the email out without changing the file emailer.php.

I think there should be a topic somewhere here about the ctracker. I updated to 5.03 but had to come back because it gave a lot of false warnings and stopped some trusted users to submit new posts   ....

P.S. After the upgrade I suddenly lost 2 google ranks   , I had 3/10 now I've 1/10 maybe it's because of all those file changes...

Back to topPage bottom

Internet explorer users got an error while getting files from the download page: the file name was not corresponding on what was downloaded, the file name was something strange like "CA23SXQF." with no extensions. I took the download module of the latest pafiledb and now it works

Back to topPage bottom

Thank for clearing out the portal block thing Now it's very clear. You can have a look at the fact that if you put more than 1 block related to topics (new and random for example) the second one show itself doubled in the height and with half the table blank  

I'm going to change the way blocks variables are managed, so this should be definitely solved in next version.

I've installed a BOT mod form phpbb "mod's in development", before doing it I had about 120 different connections to the site in the same moments, it seems that this cause the session table to become full and the site went down. I had to empty the table manually and find a fix on the knowledge base of phpbb, then I removed partially the "googlemod" and replaced with the one I found on phpbb, the bots can easily be set via the ACP and you can see that it works from the user online table of my portal. I'm not an expert but this mod stops multiple connections from the bots using the same IP so you can have about 8 bots from the same service connected not hundreds, or however this was what happened here (I'm on a godaddy account).

I'll try to check this problem.

The smiley problem is simple:      works  :mrgreen::mrgreen: doesn't work , in my old forum both worked so I had to search and replace in the post_text table all "::" with ": :"

This is not a bug. In my opinion smileys should be parsed only when not ambiguous. So a space is necessary to separate two different smileys. Don't you agree on this?

And for the rest actually and without notice the site stopped to send email for reply notifications, the fix I used till now (cnahe the "undisclosed recipients" in emailer.php with a valid email address doesn't work anymore  

About the topic reply notification I fixed it putting to "1" the sendmail_fix option in the phpbb_config table (I haven't find the related option in the ACP ), I don't know what it does but now all is working   . I knew that in a godaddy server I had to change the line "Undisclosed_recipients" to a real email address in emailer.php and I did it but the emails stopped going out and I don't know why. with this sendmail fix I can even send the email out without changing the file emailer.php.

That option should be set automatically by the emailer.php:

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
            $empty_to_header = ($to == '') ? true : false;
            $to = ($to == '') ? (($board_config['sendmail_fix']) ? ' ' : 'Undisclosed-recipients:;') : $to;

$result = @mail($to, $this->subject, preg_replace("#(?<!r)n#s", "n", $this->msg), $this->extra_headers);

if (!$result && !$board_config['sendmail_fix'] && $empty_to_header)
            {
                $to = ' ';

$sql = "UPDATE " . CONFIG_TABLE . "
                    SET config_value = '1'
                    WHERE config_name = 'sendmail_fix'";
                if (!$db->sql_query($sql))
                {
                    message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Unable to update config table', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
                }

$board_config['sendmail_fix'] = 1;
                $result = @mail($to, $this->subject, preg_replace("#(?<!r)n#s", "n", $this->msg), $this->extra_headers);
            }

This is the same for standar phpBB, so it isn't a phpBB XS bug... but it should be related to your mail server configuration.

I think there should be a topic somewhere here about the ctracker. I updated to 5.03 but had to come back because it gave a lot of false warnings and stopped some trusted users to submit new posts   ....

If phpBB XS doesn't still have new CT there is a reason...

I strongly discourage users to install CT5 on phpBB XS, because a lot of modification should be applied to let it working properly.

If you have patience you can try follow this document for further information.

Internet explorer users got an error while getting files from the download page: the file name was not corresponding on what was downloaded, the file name was something strange like "CA23SXQF." with no extensions. I took the download module of the latest pafiledb and now it works

Can you tell me what changes are necessary to fix this? Or attach here in a zip file the module you have replaced?

Thank you for your reporting.

ct_debug_mode.zip
Description: CT Debug Mode 
Download
Filename: ct_debug_mode.zip
Filesize: 147.23 KB
Downloaded: 299 Time(s)

Back to topPage bottom

Thank you MG, the post was not entirely "in topic" because I mixed what I consider "bugs" and modifications/things that doesn't work on my specific installation that isn't a vanilla but actually the 4th upgrade or change in the site's software so the sendmail fix is not actually a bug but a modification one has to do to make XS work on a godaddy account (maybe you can write it in the readme). The same for CT, I installed it but before doing it I kept a safe backup of the files and tables I changed so that it was easy to come back, before CT i used the phpbb security package. About the smilyes I don't agree but I can live with it.

About the download/pafiledb, I already described the problem but I can't say if it's really a "bug". I had already all those files installed on the site before the upgrade, the tables and the fields related to pafiledb were exactly the same and I had to change nothing BUT I can't say what's different in managing the files in the php code because of the specific changes made for XS. However the module is the download module that I attached into this post, I took it from the last version of the mod, I couldn't upgrade to this version because the modifications made to adapt the mod to XS were too many so at last I tried changing this module alone and it worked.

Another thing, about the URL rewrite option I'm having very strange addresses when I click on the link to the latest post, it shows like this
http://www.posetteforever.com/-img-src-templates-caaphrodite-images-darkgreen-iconreplygif-border-0-alt-view-latest-post-title-view-latest-post-valign-middle--vp33338.html#33338

when I click on the title of the topic it shows like this

http://www.posetteforever.com/new-p5materials-by-whazizname-vp33338.html#33338

I think the first one is maybe some kind of mess  

pa_download.rar
Description:  
Download
Filename: pa_download.rar
Filesize: 3.85 KB
Downloaded: 251 Time(s)

Back to topPage bottom

Thank you MG, the post was not entirely "in topic" because I mixed what I consider "bugs" and modifications/things that doesn't work on my specific installation that isn't a vanilla but actually the 4th upgrade or change in the site's software so the sendmail fix is not actually a bug but a modification one has to do to make XS work on a godaddy account (maybe you can write it in the readme).

Yes, thank you for reporting this. If you could write a new topic regarding just this issue, I will add it in the Docs section.

Thanks!

The same for CT, I installed it but before doing it I kept a safe backup of the files and tables I changed so that it was easy to come back, before CT i used the phpbb security package.

Good to see that someone is actually benefiting from backups!

I'm kidding but of course this is the correct way to operate.

About the smilyes I don't agree but I can live with it.

Please think again about this: try to imagine a smiley code like this smiley1 and then another smiley which code is smiley10. Now following your logic smiley10 wouldn't be ever parsed, because the smiley1 which is the first part of the code would dominate... I don't know if you are following me, but MSN work just following your logic, and if you have some smileys with a common prefix you are not able to insert one smiley by just adding the code, because the shortest code will always be parsed first!!! Make some tests, and I hope you can finally agree with my logic: the only way to avoid wrong parsing is to require a space between two different smiley code!

About the download/pafiledb, I already described the problem but I can't say if it's really a "bug". I had already all those files installed on the site before the upgrade, the tables and the fields related to pafiledb were exactly the same and I had to change nothing BUT I can't say what's different in managing the files in the php code because of the specific changes made for XS. However the module is the download module that I attached into this post, I took it from the last version of the mod, I couldn't upgrade to this version because the modifications made to adapt the mod to XS were too many so at last I tried changing this module alone and it worked.

Thank you very much... I've merged your file with the one in XS and I've understood what the problem was... another one fixed! Thanks!

Another thing, about the URL rewrite option I'm having very strange addresses when I click on the link to the latest post, it shows like this
http://www.posetteforever.com/-img-src-templates-caaphrodite-images-darkgreen-iconreplygif-border-0-alt-view-latest-post-title-view-latest-post-valign-middle--vp33338.html#33338

when I click on the title of the topic it shows like this

http://www.posetteforever.com/new-p5materials-by-whazizname-vp33338.html#33338

I think the first one is maybe some kind of mess  

It is a known issue... I don't use and I don't like URL Rewrite, we have just added it because many users were requiring this feature... Anyway I'll try to check if I can recode the function to avoid this.

Back to topPage bottom

I've this problem too! I made some test and I modify that option directly in db (phpbb_config->news_item_trim) but it still does't work.
Any idea?

Thanks,

User #379756 on Linux Counter
"If you can't apt-get something, it isn't useful or doesn't exist!!"

buldoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I found that it doesn't work on attachments (like pictures) so I had to comment that line in the file, and if you change something in the IM portal you've to clear the cache, actually my "delete cache" button does nothing so I've to delete the content of the /cache directory to see the changes

buldo wrote: [View Post]

I've this problem too! I made some test and I modify that option directly in db (phpbb_config->news_item_trim) but it still does't work.
Any idea?

Thanks,

Back to topPage bottom

I found that it doesn't work on attachments (like pictures) so I had to comment that line in the file, and if you change something in the IM portal you've to clear the cache, actually my "delete cache" button does nothing so I've to delete the content of the /cache directory to see the changes

No images in my posts, cache cleared also via ftp, XS files reloaded, but nothing changes...  

User #379756 on Linux Counter
"If you can't apt-get something, it isn't useful or doesn't exist!!"

buldoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List