Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post [MOD] - OTF Gallery 

MOD Title: OTF Gallery
MOD Description: OTF Gallery is a really simple gallery system which allows admins to quickly upload and create Gallery Pages without using the DB for storing informations. Thumbnails are automatically generated.
MOD Version: 0.5.1

MOD Download: http://www.icyphoenix.com/dload.php...id=1&file_id=51
Last Stable version: 0.5.1

Demo Board: http://www.icyphoenix.com/_bb3/otf_gallery.php
Demo Username: demo
Demo Password: demopwd

PHP Author: Mighty Gorgon
Flash Author: FlepStudio

Hi All.

Here you will find OTF Gallery for phpBB 3 RC7.

It is the first time I try to integrate Flash into phpBB, and I'm not pretty sure if this will be accepted by mods guidelines... Anyway this beta version has some new features, feel free to test it and report bugs and comments.

Here some details.

DESCRIPTION:
OTF Gallery is a really simple gallery system which allows admins to quickly upload and create Gallery Pages without using the DB for storing informations. It has been designed to create and show thumbnails of images in one folder and provide a nice flash slideshow (coded by FlepStudio). All you have to do is uploading images into a folder and OTF Gallery will do the rest.

REQUIREMENTS:
  • phpBB 3
  • FTP access to the server
  • CHMOD 777 to cache folders for storing thumbnails
  • GD Libraries 2.x.x or above (it may works even with GD1 but it is not fully tested)

HOW TO INSTALL IT
  • Check the requirements... if you fit in it, then download the package
  • Check the requirements... if you fit in it, then download the package
  • Unzip the package and upload all files contained in the root folder to your phpBB 3 root folder
  • CHMOD 0777 album/cache/
  • CHMOD 0777 album/cache/s/
  • CHMOD 0777 album/cache/m/
  • CHMOD 0777 album/cache/l/
  • CHMOD 0777 album/cache/w/
  • CHMOD 0777 album/otf/
  • CHMOD 0777 album/otf/users_pics/
  • CHMOD 0777 album/xml/
  • Upload one or more folders with images into album/otf/ folder
  • Load otf_gallery.php into your browser
  • Choose your gallery from the dropdown and click on GO

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • Some hosting doesn't allow to use many CPU charge on GD functions, so if you are having problems with this script, tro to use it on smaller images.

TROUBLESHOOTING:
  • If you see only the link of images and not the thumbnails, you may not have the correct permissions set on your folders. Make sure that the folders where thumbnails are going to be stored are writable (CHMOD 777 on some servers).
  • If slideshow images stretches it is likely to be related to thumbnails settings on your otf_config.php. Try to review your configuration.

TIPS:
  • This gallery has been optimized for JPG and PNG. GIF images will be shown as well, but in thumbs and slideshows they will lose the animation due to GD2 and FLASH compatibility.
  • Slideshow works best with no more of 450px height large thumbs (used for images in slideshow), and no more of 30 pictures, otherwise pages may stretches and/or pictures won't fit.
  • Small thumbnails for slideshow needs to be forced to the size they are or they won't fit the small frame in the slideshow.

FAQ:
  • What is this mod for?
    This mod is a quick gallery system to be feeded by admins. It has been created to show images thumbnail in a gallery style by simply uploading folders with images. Since this system doesn't rely on DB, then no special features are available such as rating, commenting, and anything else which should be DB related. It is just an easy way to show images in an automated way. No need to create extra HTML pages with your images. Those who don't have FTP access may upload pictures using otf_upload.php, but pictures will be stored in a standard folder for all users (users_pics).
  • Is this a full gallery system?
    No it isn't, and no extra special features will be added. It is meant just to give quick gallery pages. If you are looking for a full gallery system this MOD is not for you.
  • Does this system use DB to store information in?
    No OTF Gallery relies only on physical files, so gallery are created when uploading folders via FTP and are deleted when folders are delted.
  • Does this gallery have a thumbnails system?
    Yes, this gallery has a thumbnails system based on GD Libraries, so you will need GD to be able to use this feature. Thumbnails are stored in cache folders so to be quickly accessible.
  • Is this tool configurable?
    Only few options are available and must be directly edited into includes/FAP/otf_config.php.
  • Can users upload pictures into OTF Gallery?
    Users with no FTP access may upload pictures only in one predetermined folder called users_pics by using otf_upload.php. This feature lets user upload their pictures and have a thumbnail for it so they can use it in their posts. As already said, this is only a quick gallery system... to have a full gallery system with upload to category and other features you should use another system.
  • Is it difficult to be installed?
    Only few phpBB 3 files editing are required (no cores editing and you may even omit them). If your server support and run GD Libraries properly, you will need just to upload all the files in the package, apply a couple of small modifications to phpBB 3 files and use OTF Gallery.
  • What can I customize?
    Some settings are customizable by editing the first otf_config.php (you can change for example some thumbnails size or the path where thumbnails are stored... and more!). ACP form will be provided after phpBB 3 official release.
  • Can I have Flash file source?
    For any help reagarding FLASH customization please visit: http://www.flepstudio.org

Since I would like this mod to remain a simple one, I won't add many features into it. I'm in the process of coding a more complex gallery system with extra features, but it is another mod and it is still in the coding phase.

I'll repeat again:
If you are looking for a full gallery system this MOD is not for you.

Feedbacks and comments are really welcome. Please use this topic for bugs reporting as well.

OTF Gallery
Package Name: OTF Gallery
Package Version: 0.5.1
Creator: Mighty Gorgon

DOWNLOAD: OTF Gallery
DEMO: OTF Gallery Demo

Here are few suggestions from another user:

FranckTH wrote: [View Post]
Really nice mod icy, thanks  

I have just change some smalls modifications

Open styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html

Find :
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
<a href="{U_INDEX}" accesskey="h">{L_INDEX}</a>

Before add :
<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT and S_USER_LOGGED_IN --><a href="{U_OTF_GALLERY}">{L_OTF_GALLERY}</a> &bull; <!-- ENDIF -->

Open otf_gallery.php

Find :
$user->setup();

After add :
if ($user->data['user_id'] == ANONYMOUS)
{
    login_box('', $user->lang['LOGIN']);
}

Open language/en/common.php

Find :
'OPTIONS'                    => 'Options',

After add :
'OTF_GALLERY'                => 'OTF Gallery',

Open includes/functions.php

Find :
'U_FAQ'                    => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}faq.$phpEx"),

After add :
'U_OTF_GALLERY'            => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}otf_gallery.$phpEx"),

Edited by Mighty Gorgon, Wed 28 Nov, 2007 16:06: Version updated
Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post otf 

great
i´ll try it

but if you clic on images in your demo gallery,
http://www.icyphoenix.com/_bb3/files/album/otf/demo/ff_woman.jpg
internal server error

thanks

casimedicosSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: [MOD] - OTF Gallery 

All images return an internal server error...

TomSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Hi
great work Luca thanks

Tom wrote: [View Post]

del or rename .htaccess in root/files/
Pepi

pepiSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

pepi wrote: [View Post]
Hi
great work Luca thanks

Pepi

There should be an alternative to removing the htaccess protection on your file folder.

will_houghSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

will_hough wrote: [View Post]
pepi wrote: [View Post]
Hi
great work Luca thanks

Pepi

There should be an alternative to removing the htaccess protection on your file folder.

Yes and why not ???
but in IE wow looks fine
http://cool-lighter.at/portal/otf_gallery.php?     

Pepi

pepiSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I'm not sure what you are trying to say Pepi, but that .htaccess file in root/files/ is there to stop people from accessing the file attachments. Not everyone wants to remove it.

will_houghSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

if the htaccess files dont work, why not just put an index.html file in the folder and redirect to e.g. the home page?

BTW, looks great mighty  

lefty74Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

.htaccess file in root/files/ is there to stop people from accessing the file attachments. Not everyone wants to remove it.

Will is right... htaccess shouldn't be removed to protect attachments (even if attachments names are encrypted...)... I usually remove htaccess because I don't care of that kind of protection (there is a really small probability that someone will be able to retrieve attachments!), but the correct way should be another one.

I have just coded OTF in a different way for the next version, but I still have to test it properly.

Another way would be to move the album/otf folder out of the files folder, where you don't have any problem related to htaccess... if you want to do that, just move the folder and change the setup in otf_config.php.

I'm currently testing version 0.3.0 which has upload feature.

Back to topPage bottom

I had a question about this. From what I understand, the only people allowed to upload into the folder that the OTF Gallery are people that have access to the FTP, correct?

Would there be any "issues" if someone (me) created an image uploader that when a user uploaded images via this uploader that the files would go into the specific folder that the OTF Gallery would read? Meaning, if I made an image uploader that uploaded into the folder that OTF reads, would there be any internal problems that would force inoperability with the Mod? Like, would the OTF not read the folder if something else was using it (uploader)?

I confuse myself more than I don't

Thanks,
Bill

BlinkyBill01Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

BlinkyBill01 wrote: [View Post]
I had a question about this. From what I understand, the only people allowed to upload into the folder that the OTF Gallery are people that have access to the FTP, correct?

Would there be any "issues" if someone (me) created an image uploader that when a user uploaded images via this uploader that the files would go into the specific folder that the OTF Gallery would read? Meaning, if I made an image uploader that uploaded into the folder that OTF reads, would there be any internal problems that would force inoperability with the Mod? Like, would the OTF not read the folder if something else was using it (uploader)?

I confuse myself more than I don't

Thanks,
Bill

Yes it would do the trick.

Anyway I have already coded an upload feature, you will have it in next version... when I'll find the time to pack it and create installation instructions... would you help me in doing this?

Back to topPage bottom

This is just what i needed thanks

WappyRSSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

You are welcome... I need to find the time to release an updated version... but no luck yet.

Back to topPage bottom

Version updated with a slideshow and some extra features... needs some beta testing now!

Back to topPage bottom

Version updated to 0.5.1!

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode