I have created ModX diff renderer to easily create code changes packages.
Original Discussion here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=804975
My instructions: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=5162335#p5162335
To use it you have to:
- Download and unpack this ZIP into your site or your local testing environment.
- CHMOD to 0777 the folder where modx_file.php is, otherwise you won't be able to create the XML output file.
- Create two folders to be compared: one with the original files and one with the changed files.
- Open and edit this part of modx_file.php to correctly set the path of the previously created folders:
- $original_path = '../_diff/bp128/';
- $working_path = '../_diff/bp129/';
- $modx_file = 'install.xml';
- Open and edit modx_template_header.php adding description of your mod and your datas.
- Launch in your browser modx_file.php.
- The XML file will be created in the same folder where you have modx_file.php.
Currently it doesn't add new files to be copied... but may be easily added.
Special thanks to evil<3 for having started and created this.