Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Custom "Navy" Border For Black Pearl 

First, a big thank you for this site. I've been able to customize my Black Pearl template a bit with topics found here.

It's for a forum I created for former crewmembers of an aircraft carrier.

What I would like to accomplish is to add a border around the sides and bottom of my forum to appear like the stripes on a navy jumper. I have no idea how to create the border or how to create the images I would need. I assume I would need a right & left vertical image that would expand as needed, left & right corners and the bottom stripe...and having everything line up correctly.

Here's an example image of the stripes. The size may not be correct and the stars in the corners would be nice but not necessary.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

sample

I should add that I am very new to this so please be patient with me.

Thanks,

Doc

navydocSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Custom "Navy" Border For Black Pearl 

navydoc wrote: [View Post]
First, a big thank you for this site. I've been able to customize my Black Pearl template a bit with topics found here.

It's for a forum I created for former crewmembers of an aircraft carrier.

What I would like to accomplish is to add a border around the sides and bottom of my forum to appear like the stripes on a navy jumper. I have no idea how to create the border or how to create the images I would need. I assume I would need a right & left vertical image that would expand as needed, left & right corners and the bottom stripe...and having everything line up correctly.

Here's an example image of the stripes. The size may not be correct and the stars in the corners would be nice but not necessary.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

sample

I should add that I am very new to this so please be patient with me.

Thanks,

Doc

is it for phpbb3 ?
colors black and white?
maybe i can try create , but i will need time  

LimunSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Quote:
is it for phpbb3 ?
colors black and white?

Yes, it's for phpbb3 using the "Black Pearl" style. The colors are as shown in my sample image, black and white. If it's easier for you, the black color of the border could be the same dark grey color as the original background color.

Here's a link to my forum:
http://glewis.us/BigO/

Any help to create this border would be awsome. I may need some help changing the colors of the fonts too but I'll see what I can find first.

The carrier by the way is the USS Oriskany. This is the carrier they sank off the coast of Pensacola, Fl a couple of years ago to become the worlds largest artificial reef. There is a Discovery Channel program of the sinking too.

I was aboard the ship in 1966 when we had the fire.

Thanks so much for looking into helping me.

Doc

Back to topPage bottom

Quote:
is it for phpbb3 ?
colors black and white?

Yes, it's for phpbb3 using the "Black Pearl" style. The colors are as shown in my sample image, black and white. If it's easier for you, the black color of the border could be the same dark grey color as the original background color.

Here's a link to my forum:
http://glewis.us/BigO/

Any help to create this border would be awsome. I may need some help changing the colors of the fonts too but I'll see what I can find first.

The carrier by the way is the USS Oriskany. This is the carrier they sank off the coast of Pensacola, Fl a couple of years ago to become the worlds largest artificial reef. There is a Discovery Channel program of the sinking too.

I was aboard the ship in 1966 when we had the fire.

Thanks so much for looking into helping me.

Doc

ok ... i will try  

EDIT:
is it ok like this ?
 nawy

Back to topPage bottom

Wow, that's amazing. I'm not sure what size your border is but it looks like it will work great...

Is it possible to only have the side and bottom border? If not, that's OK...just trying to make it look like a Navy jumper flap.

Would it be possible to use this star rather than the 'star button' image? I can post it as a psd file if it helps. This star will need to be resized to fit your border.

star

Thanks for your great help.

EditThe more I look at it, the more I like the stripes going all the way around.  

Doc

Back to topPage bottom

here is first preview

i still have some problems
(see arrows)

navy01

anybody know what is that space where arrows are pointed ? i will find it , but maybe someone alredy know whats that ...

Back to topPage bottom

Limun,

It's looking great so far. I'm really looking forward to adding your border to my forum. Wish I could help you with what's causing those spaces.

Doc

Back to topPage bottom

and here we go ...

first download attachment , unrar and upload pics in your rootstylesblack_pearlthemeimages

now :
open in your rootstylesblack_pearlthemestylesheet.css

find
Spoiler: [ Show ]

affter add

find

change padding to 0px

find (this is only if you want white border around forum table)

replace with

next:
open in your rootstylesblack_pearltemplateoverall_header.html

find

replace with

next:
open in your rootstylesblack_pearltemplateoverall_footer.html

find

replace with

thats all  

IMPORTANT !! backup your stylesheet.css , overall_header.html and overall_footer.html before you do this changes !!

BTW : if you see any "deformation" on style it is because of
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
td {
    padding: 2px;
}

this made that space where are arows in my picture... but i think everithing is ok exept "search for" and "jump to" on footer when you look viewforum page , they are 2px more down

good luck  

demonavy

navy.rar
Description: all border pics 
Download
Filename: navy.rar
Filesize: 2.68 KB
Downloaded: 200 Time(s)

Back to topPage bottom

It looks great...and works perfectly!!!

Thank you so much.

Now I just need to change the red colored fonts to a dark blue. Red and gold are Marine colors, Blue and gold are Navy.  

I need to pick the color of blue I'd like and hopefully you can help me find out where I need to make the changes...if I haven't worn out my welcome with you yet.

Thanks once again,

Doc

Back to topPage bottom

what color you want to change , can u show me in picture or describe me better please ?

Back to topPage bottom

Good morning (here at least).

One color I want to change is the red 'on mouseover' color to a dark blue. The blue I used to replace the border around the top links, #0000ff, is too bright. I can pick a color once I know where to make the mouseover change.

Thanks in advance,

Doc

Back to topPage bottom

Good morning (here at least).

One color I want to change is the red 'on mouseover' color to a dark blue. The blue I used to replace the border around the top links, #0000ff, is too bright. I can pick a color once I know where to make the mouseover change.

Thanks in advance,

Doc

the secret red color you search is #DD2222  

so u have 2 optioins

1.option - open in your rootstylesblack_pearlthemestylesheet.css

and replace all #DD2222 with your #0000ff

2.option - replace one by one if you want to change only specific part of text like for example only underlined text onmauseover
sample
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
a:hover {
    color: #DD2222;
    text-decoration: underline;
}

good luck  

Back to topPage bottom

Got it!!