Rainbow Pearl Not So User Friendly

Subject: Rainbow Pearl Not So User Friendly
Hello,
I don't want this to sound like a complaint as i find the whole project very well done indeed
that said i have a bit of a problem with the rainbow pearl skin/template I've added to my phpbb3 board

try as i might adding anything to the front page or the footer or header of the pages does not work at all even though i'm adding the coding for the google text and my own banners ect in exactly the same way to the " overall footer html " just as i did in my old phpbb2 board when you coded the wrapper instead

the code is being added to the page and uploaded to the server ok it even shows up in the ACP on the boards own page code breakdown

but when you view code on the front page it doesnt show and the third party country counters etc dont activate either

so my question is I've been at this since yesterday and cant fathom out why the codes not showing

could somebody please show me how to get stuff to turn up at the foot off the page as per usual ?

thank you for your time reading this

best regards

Ian

Subject: Re: Rainbow Pearl Not So User Friendly
hello, i am not sure i understand your question/problem exactly but:

are you sure you are making the changes to styles/rainbow_pearl/template/overal_footer.html

it kinda sounds to me like you are editing the ones in adm folder maybe, wich is not right

Edit: style name correction in the folder tree

Hi Joshua,
Thank you ever so much for getting back to me
I am indeed putting one line of html code into the overall footer.html to make a small banner show up which counts the people visiting on my directory
theres no java or fancy stuff all that happens is when somebody loads the page and the banner shows too then my server picks that up as one response

now so far try as i might inserting the code onto the html page and FTP uploading it back into it's directory does not work although the PHPbb 3 program shows the line is on that page

the banner does not show and if you view source the page the code has vanished too although the forum program and CuteFTP still show it their

I found by accident if I install the line of code directly into the PHPbb 3 board template editor that the banner did indeed show but did not function i.e. it did not add page responses to the directory as it should it just sat their

I cant believe just how difficult adding one small banner to the foot of this forum page is turning out to be
in PHPbb2 all you did was stuff anything you wanted in the overall footer file and off it went quite happy

as i say i could see if this was using java or something complicated but you dont get much simpler than a banner at the foot of a page ?

thank you again for your help hope I've explained my problem a bit clearer

best regards
Ian

just to rule out the obvious.... have you flushed the cache in the admin panel after the changes were aplied? and have you cleared your browser?

lots of people tend to forget that

hello,

which admin panel are you speaking about ?

I dont know how you clear the phpbb 3 forums cache but i have deleted the whole template folder and re-installed it with no affect

i have also purged my browser several times by now and still nothing

I'm running out of ideas now to fix what must be a simple problem

best regards
Ian

you are correct i think ... it should be something simple being overlooked because what you want to do should be no problem at all

the admin panel i refered to is the phpbb3 board's admin panel (you should have a link to it at the botom of every page if you are the admin .... you can also go there by pointing your browser to http://*your board url*/adm/index.html)

there you get some tabs and the tab that is opened at entrance is the one you need (the first one on the left [general])

little lower than the tabs you see a couple of RUN NOW buttons and the bottom one can purge the forum's cache (most modifications will not be visible or work properly if this is forgotten)

Hi Joshua,

Let me start by saying your a " Genius " :thanks:

It was this new feature in PHPbb3 about purging the forums own cache that wasnt in PHPbb2 that i had no idea you had to do

so for sticking with me on this i solute you and thank you very much for your help

I wish you and all your family best wishes from Scotland :drink_08:

Ian

aaahh great hearing that IanBoyle, but i m no genious ...maybe just a few pages ahead in the same book :oops: :mrorange:

glad i could help out alittle

Greetings back from the netherlands

Page 1 of 1