Icy Phoenix

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: (solved) "Black Pearl" - Strange Sizes ??? 

Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]
the 2 arrows in your picture that point to acp_lexicon mean that the term is not yet included in the translation/language files so it is not replaced

I also thought to this point, too. I copied the files again on my server, nothing appears.
Maybe it was the point here:
Quote:
- The install.php before the "root" in this pack:
I was really unsure to run this, because there was also install instructions for the SQL in the install.xml, too.
But i have run both (FIRST DiY sql injection PLUS the install.php after uploading all changed files).
The result was a small fault after doing install.php:
"[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install.php on line 448: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()"

Could "this" a reason for that problem? If yes i have to search the fault in phpmyadmin/sql?

Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]
the third arrow... i don t know, from what i see in your test post it works

It allows to use the acronyms within the words like "wordLOLtest". "LOL" should be highlightet now between "word" and "test".
Whether i hit yes or now....nothing changes. But i don't want this feature so i can live with that.
It's just reported to you if you want to rewrite that codes there.
Maybe you can take a look in the "install.php"? Maybe you can find a mistake like i said before???

Quote:
ooh and by the way... "rofl/rotfl" means "rolling on (the) floor laughing"   and i have my doubts if "Leise" means "out loud" (not too important ..i know )

Thank you pal. ^^
I've done/fixed it.

GhostsearcherSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Quote:
Could "this" a reason for that problem? If yes i have to search the fault in phpmyadmin/sql?

i guess thats not the reason (maybe that error popped up because you tried to create the database tables twice?), the reason for the missing translation could just be that the author of the mod forgot to add this?

i would just open lexicon.php in the language/ACP directory and add something like this:

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
'ACP_LEXICON'    => 'YOUR RELACEMENT TEXT GOES HERE',

and if that does not help i would try adding it to common.php in the same directory

i just looked again at your test post and it seems to have stopped working?

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

That's it!
I found it in the language/de/ACP/lexicon.php

Under "ACP_LEXICON_EXPLAIN" i added after (new line): "ACP_LEXICON" with a followed description.
And i wonder about the mod was off in my board. No clue why.
Now i cleared the cache/templatecache and then just looking further with this mod.

The install.php is crap. i found a solution but it still doesn't work:
$sql["install"] = "INSERT INTO" . $table_prefix . "config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('allow_acronym', '1')";

But as i said that also doesn't work, too!

So long, test"i"

Back to topPage bottom

at the moment it's telling me that rofl means rofl and LOL means LOL ..i'm amazed     , but yes i see it s back

remember i m doing this blindfolded (without having this installed) but could you check if the directions in the acronyme_überall.txt is actually really made i mean does it exist? eventhough it s allready in admin panel with the switch yes/no

Back to topPage bottom

the words LOL and rofl are test because i cleared sql db (for testing the install.php)
so i got no duplicated tables. not now and not before.
so long for that.

The thing with yes/no button for acronym INword still doesn't works.
I added the lines in the function_content.php without any effects.

there's something wrong.

But however i don't care about it. If you any advises/tips for me i can do so give it to me.

EDIT:
I forget to tell ya that the "yes/no" every times switch back, if i send it with "no".
So it is every times on "Yes".

Back to topPage bottom

for now i can only say that you can try having a good read in the author's thread if you have n't allready done that (i must admit ..i did not   )

i ll let you know when i try this one myself and find out more

Edit:

Quote:
EDIT:
I forget to tell ya that the "yes/no" every times switch back, if i send it with "no".

could that be because you changed that install.xml?

Back to topPage bottom

Yes all done with reading. ^^ Not very long but not very informativ there.

The install.PHP what i changed has nothing to do with that, because the problem was from the start i installed this mod yesterday.
This is why i asked "could it be a fault in sql".

I think, it's just incompatible with 3.0.6 and the mod only works fine with 3.0.4.!
Hard to find the changes....

Back to topPage bottom

Maybe you have a look at post and get vars??

they might have changed something there

Like ollder versions using $HTTP_POST_VARS and new using $_POST

spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Nope, nothing found. But as i said, it's not important to me.
I wait for Joshua203 until he re-made the mod .    

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Black Pearl - Strange Sizes 

remake??  who ..me??   hahahha

nice your trust in me is bigger than my own, remember i m just an amature too and i m certainly no expert, i can only say i will install it even knowing there's problems with it and have a close look, the only upside is that i don t tend to let go easilly when i want something to work.

if  anyone else knows something more before that time it will only make things easier (so thanks Spydie for giving this a thought too   )

about reading that authors thread:
it 's a big read, 16 pages in two languages, but just having scrolled over it i at least found 2 posts about problems we discussed here too

one of them is about the install error you got (somewhere on page 10 of that thread), the other was missing language replacements

i will thoroughly read it myself when i m ready to give it a shot/chance

Back to topPage bottom

Hi again T-ikel,

maybe you know i finally managed to update my boards and i even immediately saw some reason to modify the quickreply and also remove all the css errors/warnings that seem to have come with the update (lots of FOE colour warnings [font vs. background])

like i promised you i jumped to lexicon/akronyms after that:

first of all i had no install error, (i clicked to remove before clicking to install again), the error in there you mentioned does not look like an error but looks like a preset/pre-configuration

i installed the ajax thingy and i hated it straight away ...but after playing with it alittle it now looks actually reasonably good if ..i spend more time on this it might even look better than it looks now (eventhough i think i will switch this off within a month )
i can only wonder if this feature will affect page loading times much?)

i ll post a screeny later this evening, but remember that that will be the modded version to fit BP-style)

-one problem i noticed (even before modifying the lookof this page too) is in the lexicon page, i can click any letter but they all come up empty ...UNLESS i click "ALL to show all letters", then it shows them all ...dunnow why this happens (yet)

does this work on your install?

i have not looked into how it all works and when it shows or not but i did notice that switch to NO in ACP is never actually set (so ..yeah mine also jumps back to yes all the time)

in short ..my biggest problem with it until now is... the lexicon page showing only letters empty exept when clicked on ALL

screeny will follow after a break

Edit: the promised screeny
 screenylexicon
the image sticks to the page until closed or a new one is opened (scrolls along with the site at the same position) and if the image takes long to load you get a loading animation gif inbetween

what i forgot to mention is that i m a little disapointed that this mod works only on posts and not site wide  

and the fact that the letter clicking in lexicon.php is not working is the biggest bummer for now

Edited by Joshua203, Tue 26 Jan, 2010 18:46: edited to make sure even i could understand what i typed
Back to topPage bottom

i m now looking where the positioning of the popup is set, think i saw it somewhere before  but now i can t seem to find it (EDIT: found and set now)..i ld like to put it over the user avatar so it will not block reading of the text under it

it also seems to miss the log entry variables (3 of them)

{LOG_TERM_ADD}
{LOG_TERM_DELETE}
{LOG TERM_EDIT}

and the translation was kinda terrible in the original

stilll got empty lexicon letter choice results too, guess i really have to start reading that thread  

Edit:

T-Ikel wrote: 
EDIT:

to fix ...change allow_acronym in acp_lexicon.php to allow_acronym_in_words in the next "find" (!!2x!!)
     'ALLOW_ACRONYM_IN_WORDS_NO' => $config['allow_acronym'] == 0 ? 'checked="checked"' : '',
      'ALLOW_ACRONYM_IN_WORDS_YES' => $config['allow_acronym'] == 1 ? 'checked="checked"' : '',

Edit:

hopefully the final edit, last but certainly not least ..the problem that clicking a letter gives no result (only works if clicking ALL)

this thing does not create the acronyms/lexions in different languages ...so why the hell is it looking for them???
simply remove this code from lexicon.php
AND lang = '" . $user->lang['USER_LANG']."'

i know there's another USER_LANG in that file ...leave that one as it is!

and maybe look if the database files are not set to german (de)

Greetings, .. Joshua203

Edited by Joshua203, Fri 29 Jan, 2010 03:46: a work in progress brought to an end?? lol
Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List