Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Icy Phoenix Instead Of PHPBB3 

Hi. I recently installed PHPBB3 and as a result of that discovered the Milky Way template by Mighty Gordon (which I really liked), then as a result of that Ive discovered Icy Phoenix..LOL..and here I am.

What I'd like to know is Icy Phoenix seems to have some of the things I originally wanted alongside my forum, ie, chat facility, games, calender, etc and I thought I would eventually use mods to customise.

I think I'd like to have Icy Phoenix but since my forum is now up and running with users and data I want to keep, can I install Icy Phoenix and connect to the my existing database? I know I will probably have to do a backup and restore my database (is that correct?), Ive had to do that recently already so know how to do that,.

Also what is the situation with Icy Phoenix and PHPBB3, I read on the front page that PHPBB3 is not supported yet its the newest version available. Will I have to downgrade somehow, any advice?

Thanks.

EDIT: If I decide not to install Icy Phoenix i'd still like to use the Milky Way template however I would really like to have the last topic of a thread displayed alongside the user who posted it in the Forum list, is there a modified version available that allows that?

And would you be able to tell me how I can have the landing page of my forum set to the 'View Active Topics' or 'View New Posts' screen instead of the forum list? thx.

CrashTesterSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Icy Pheonix Instead Of PHPBB3 

Any advice on this? Thanks

Back to topPage bottom

yes but partly and maybe a little late?  

Quote:
And would you be able to tell me how I can have the landing page of my forum set to the 'View Active Topics' or 'View New Posts' screen instead of the forum list?

i think this would work:

in htaccess replace

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm

with
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
DirectoryIndex search.php?search_id=active_topics index.php index.html index.htm

back up your file before editing incase something is wrong  

goodluck,

Joshua203

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Thanks. I will try that later. Where on this forum is the best place to get information on modifying my style ..to be honest there is so much info im overwhelmed by it all!

Back to topPage bottom

you might best use the search box

if it's about a phpbb based forum you are in the right section here and you could also try phpbb.com

or just pop the question here or at phpbb after searching for a solution ofcourse  

enjoyyy

PS about your second question on the milkyway style, i m sorry but i am not a user of that style and at the moment i have little time to look into that, i m sure someone else will answer that question if you give it some time (same goes for the phoenix related questions)  

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Icy Phoenix Instead Of PHPBB3 

Regarding porting users from phpBB 3 to Icy Phoenix is still not possible, but it will in next version.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List