Icy Phoenix

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Google Adsense In PhpBB3 

why do i have the feeling you need a new host??  

new error
Quote:
Gabim i Përgjithshëm
Could not get style data

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

The problem is to my host even in this error ?

dArcLPSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

well i must admit i was at work when i posted my last message and i did not read the type of the error.. i just noticed the error and posted it here, you re right to say this probably was not your host causing the error

right now it looks quite different but i guess you removed phpbb for repair?

let me know when you want me to view again

Back to topPage bottom

Thank you for everything joshua.
I was conviced that phpBB is the right thing to use for my web, but I failed again so I'm deleting it for permanent, i guess.
You're the one who helped me the most and I don't know how to thank you.
I made some ranks in albanian , if anyone want's them you're free to use them.
Download:
Code: [Download] [Hide]
  1. http://www.sendspace.com/file/xwd5y6 

Back to topPage bottom

i m sorry to hear that, thanks for sharing the ranks here

little suggestion for you maybe? ...look into Icyphoenix based boards, this comes with a lot of mods build in the package (pré-modded) controlable from ACP, it's phpbb2 based i think  

EDIT:  you can read more on the portal page and compare features here:
http://www.icyphoenix.com/features.php

Last edited by Joshua203 on Tue 22 Jun, 2010 18:29; edited 1 time in total 
Back to topPage bottom

Nah I don't think I'll work again. Thanks anyway.
If I can help in anyway around language, buttons or whatever PM me

Back to topPage bottom

Maybe MG will contact you about this offer ..i don t know

sorry this is not your "thing" ...maybe we ll meet again who knows, goodluck darcLP,
...Joshua203

Back to topPage bottom

dArcLP wrote: [View Post]
I was conviced that phpBB is the right thing to use for my web, but I failed again so I'm deleting it for permanent, i guess.

I'm sorry to read that.

Anyway I can really understand your point, and this is the reason why I created Icy Phoenix.

I love phpBB, because it is very well coded, and also their minimalist approach allowed many talented coders to develop cool mods which seamlessly integrates into phpBB. But... many basic users feel really unconfortable with phpBB, because if you (the user) are lacking of PHP or HTML knowledge, could be really really tough to customize the website by just using phpBB.

This is also the reason why some blogging platforms like WordPress took place in the web...

Anyway, back to the point... if you don't specifically need a discussion forum, I would suggest you to use WordPress to build your website, because it is the best PHP application I know under a "user friendly" point of view.

If you need a forum, you may have a try using Icy Phoenix, which maybe has many things you may not need... but the other side of the coin is that you will just need to choose a template you like and then most of the settings can be set by "user friendly" (friendly when you know where settings are!) forms.

If you need an online demo of Icy Phoenix, you can have a try here, so you don't have to waste time and resources installing it on your space:
Icy Phoenix Demo @ Open Source CMS

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Mighty Gorgon wrote: [View Post]

I'm sorry to read that.

Anyway I can really understand your point, and this is the reason why I created Icy Phoenix.

I love phpBB, because it is very well coded, and also their minimalist approach allowed many talented coders to develop cool mods which seamlessly integrates into phpBB. But... many basic users feel really unconfortable with phpBB, because if you (the user) are lacking of PHP or HTML knowledge, could be really really tough to customize the website by just using phpBB.

This is also the reason why some blogging platforms like WordPress took place in the web...

Anyway, back to the point... if you don't specifically need a discussion forum, I would suggest you to use WordPress to build your website, because it is the best PHP application I know under a "user friendly" point of view.

If you need a forum, you may have a try using Icy Phoenix, which maybe has many things you may not need... but the other side of the coin is that you will just need to choose a template you like and then most of the settings can be set by "user friendly" (friendly when you know where settings are!) forms.

If you need an online demo of Icy Phoenix, you can have a try here, so you don't have to waste time and resources installing it on your space:
Icy Phoenix Demo @ Open Source CMS

Some months ago I used vBulletin but of course they suspended me I didn't have license. So I changed to Wordpress and the average of visitors for one day was 3000 but visitors wanted a forum to discuss. So I choose phpBB 3 and with the help of Joshua I was doing very good I had 200 registred users in 3 days and more than 2000 posts.
I fixed the problem with that Error too, I installed phpBB again I backed up the files and was woring very good. The problem was that the backup was not very "new" so I had not to much reg. users and posts so I don't have confidence to start working again.

I can see you didn't reply about this but I'm gonna ask again. If there's anything I can do like design, albanian (sq) language pack, buttons etc. I can do it. Joshua helped me a lot so I want to help you 2.

Back to topPage bottom

I can see you didn't reply about this but I'm gonna ask again. If there's anything I can do like design, albanian (sq) language pack, buttons etc. I can do it. Joshua helped me a lot so I want to help you 2.

Thanks for your offer, I would need a translation for Icy Phoenix, but is quite a huge job, I don't know if you are willing to do.

Regarding buttons, The Steffen is the one who is preparing translations, I'll ask him.

In the meantime you can have a look here: http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5354

Thank you very much.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List