SOLVED Ucp_pm_history Bug?

Subject: Ucp_pm_history Bug?
hi,

i m unshure if this is just black pearl related, all MG styles or maybe even phpbb3 any style related but i ve found this in ucp_pm_history.html

This is the original line i m talking about
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
<div><div class="tbl-h-l"><div class="tbl-h-r"><div class="tbl-h-c"><div class="tbl-title">{L_MESSAGE_HISTORY} - {HISTORY_TITLE}</div></div></div></div>

The above leaves a blanco replacment on HISTORY _TITLE wich makes it looks somewhat like this ..."Message History - " (somewhat like this ..because my language file is modified there!)

I'm not sure if this is the best way to solve but to at least fill the blanc with something logical i've changed this line of code to:
<div><div class="tbl-h-l"><div class="tbl-h-r"><div class="tbl-h-c"><div class="tbl-title">{L_MESSAGE_HISTORY} - {SUBJECT}</div></div></div></div>

if anyone has a better solution i ld love to know it :mryellow:

EDIT: my guess is that this happens in any style for phpbb3, but i could be wrong :oops:

Subject: Re: Ucp_pm_history Bug?
Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]
EDIT: my guess is that this happens in any style for phpbb3, but i could be wrong :oops:

If you can confirm that, then you will need to submit a new entry to phpBB bug tracker, so the issue could be solved once and for all. :mri:

Anyway, I'll have a look either.

Well i made a test PM to you at mysterious's site to have some acces to subsilver2 somewhere (i did not know where else to go fast enough hehehe) and create a small history and as far as i can see in subsilver2 it looks like i mentioned (with the blanc after the - ), i can't be sure about what it does in prosilver though, tried but fail to see :oops:

Edit: i think prosilver fails to show it too but i just can t be sure cause it s just not as obvious as in subsilver2

i think prosilver should say "messagehistory: ............." and it says "messagehistory:" so i guess i ll start looking for the bugtracker then huh :mryellow:

edit: bugtracker report done, now i atleast hope i was right heheheheh
edit2: bug confirmed in pro and subsilver :shock:

well now i know again why i don t like being on phpbb.com alot :mryellow:

bug was confirmed and someone "fixed" it, i must admit i like my own fix better :oops: (see post one)

the fix proposed there is:

find and remove from subsilver2 based styles:
- {HISTORY_TITLE}

and
find and remove from subsilver based styles:
{HISTORY_TITLE}

and in phpBB/includes/functions_privmsgs.php (i fail to see why!)

move this up a couple of lines:
$title = $row['message_subject'];

maybe i should respond to this but i think i m gonna leave it as it is

Wow, great you raised a bug and they confirmed it! :mricy:

Thanks for reporting the fix.

I will apply this fix on next revision.

Page 1 of 1