Icy Phoenix

SOLVED colourizeit & updating

Article
Reply with quote    Download Post  
Post colourizeit & updating 

I have made inte beginen with phpbb 3.01 (or 02) a black on green version from this great looking Black pearl version with colorizeit. I have kept the url for later download when version got modified. But after 2 new computers I do not have the link anymore.
Is there a way to get it back in the right colors. Is there somethings stored some where in the files. I know I have version 1.4.1 and need to upgrade the the latest version 1.6.3

regards Walter

ToXiQ - View user's profile Send private message  
ToXiQ [ Fri 26 Nov, 2010 19:30 ]
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Comments
Post Re: Colourizeit & Updating 

hi ToXiQ

First of all i moved your post out of the release thread and tried to give this thread a title that is to the point (feel free to edit the title if you don t agree with it)

I don t think there is a way to get your lost url and so your exact settings in colourizeit should be lost (anyone correct me if i m wrong)

The upside is that colorizeit to my believe does not change anything to the template files, i think it just changes images and the stylesheet ... so as long as you don t overwrite all that you should be fairly safe
Don t forget to make a backup before starting to be completely safe

You could actually save the old url stored next to your rainbow pearl install to not loose it on computers (this would mean that the url would only get lost if the whole board got lost   ), but it's to late for that now i guess
 In short ...if you update like you are supposed to update (and NOT merely upload the latest version to overwrite everything you now have) ...I expect few or no problems

Greetings,
...Joshua203

Joshua203 - View user's profile Send private message  
Joshua203 [ Sat 27 Nov, 2010 02:00 ]

thanks for the answer. I didn't do anything yet  I guess there are changes needen between verion 1.4.1 and 1.6.3. I will copy all images and start to correct the css files.

Wil loook if that will solve my problem.

regards Walter

ToXiQ - View user's profile Send private message  
ToXiQ [ Wed 01 Dec, 2010 14:23 ]

you re welcome ,

it most probably will solve your problem, in the new version of colourizeit it seems a html file  is included in the download containing the url i've been told (and checked it)

don't just save those two things ..it's always a good idea to backup all  before modding anything

i would usually go to work in this sequence:

make a backup, update phpbb, update the language files, update the style

try using winmerge to help you update (free)   it compares files and tells you the differences

greetings and goodluck,
...Joshua203

Joshua203 - View user's profile Send private message  
Joshua203 [ Wed 01 Dec, 2010 21:05 ]
Post Re: colourizeit & updating 

In latest ColorizeIt you can find an html file with all settings in style root (where the main CFG is located), so you will be able to re-apply the same colors corrections in the future.

Mighty Gorgon - View user's profile Send private message  
Mighty Gorgon [ Sun 05 Dec, 2010 11:17 ]

HideWas this topic useful?