Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post How To Get The Posting.php Page Just Like The One In This Website???? :) 

Hello everyone,

I'd love to have in my phpbb website the same buttons and smiles I can see right now while I'm writing... How can I get this in the page where you write posts and replies? (I think is in posting.php, correct?)
I'd love to have the buttons for "bold", or the "list bullets", etc...
How can I do this?
Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

Allioth

AliothSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: How To Get The Posting.php Page Just Like The One In This Website???? :) 

Hey !

To use IcyPhoenix functionalities ... Install IcyPhoenix !

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: How To Get The Posting.php Page Just Like The One In This Website???? :) 

Wow! THAT was fast!!!!

My only concern is that I've got already a style mg_autumn, and I wouldn't like to change everything...
How can I change only the posting bbcode images without changing the entire style?

Thanks for your patience

Back to topPage bottom

You can copy past this Icons you need
Rename it and overwrite your existend icons

TheSteffenSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

I understand what you say... But in here you have A LOT more buttons and options than the standard BBcode...
how do I get all these things?

To give an idea, this is my posting page... As you can see it looks so dull compared to yours!

screenshot_1302386913_414364

Sorry to be a pain... but I'm really new to all these BB things  

Back to topPage bottom

This site don't use a "plain" PHP version. It's running IcyPhoenix ! If you want buttons and all features, then use Icy Phoenix !

Back to topPage bottom

Informpro is right Alioth...

If you also want to use the features you can use IcyPhoenix or you have to install other mods to your phpbb3 board.
The right place to ask for the last thing is phpbb3  

TheSteffenSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

You can find one of the examples here:

http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/advanced_bbcode_box_3

But I 'm sure there 's more than one mod  available (possibly 3) for extending the message editor (I can not tell you what is a good one yet because I have not gotten arround to modifying this part myself yet (and I would need a good dark version, verry different form a light/white version you need)

Best thing to do is search the mod database at phpbb.com and compare the (maybe) 3 types that exist.. or post a question like TheSteffen told you!

Greetings,
...Joshua203

PS... before doing anything I would start updating your board, because looking at that screenshot ... I think you are not up to date ( phpbb3.0.8 ), or you have not fully updated  

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

To compare.
http://www.icyphoenix.com/features.php

(outdated)

Back to topPage bottom

Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]
You can find one of the examples here:

http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/advanced_bbcode_box_3

(and I would need a good dark version, very different from a light/white version you need)

Thanks Joshua,

I just downloaded it and tried it with 3.0.8 - Works fine, and it is skinable and actually comes with some different backgrounds.

Haven't found anywhere where it says something like "Change Theme" - I suppose that would be asking too much.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

mort wrote: [View Post]
I just downloaded it and tried it with 3.0.8 - Works fine, and it is skinable and actually comes with some different backgrounds.

Aaah that's actually good news to me too, I was affraid to have to restyle the whole thing wich was one of the reasons I prosponed everytime, so thank you too for reporting back and you're welcome Mort  

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List