Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Removing Header BlackPearl 

Heya,
I would like to completly remove the header in BlackPearl.
Any tips on how to empty that ?
I now have a large black bar on top of my spanking new forum and i would like to loose that bar.
See the forum here: Clickerdieclick

Tnx in advance !

*ps, love the blackpearl theme  

FreubelSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Removing Header BlackPearl 

Welcome to IcyPhoenix Freubel,

Next time please search before you post, I'll mark this topic solved for you since I already noticed a removed black bar at the top.

BTW it's absolutely pointless to forbid right clicks, it's even very annoying  
I also wonder why you need to use iframe when you could aslo add a portal page for example, but hey if you're happy ...we are too.

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]
Welcome to IcyPhoenix Freubel,

Next time please search before you post, I'll mark this topic solved for you since I already noticed a removed black bar at the top.

BTW it's absolutely pointless to forbid right clicks, it's even very annoying  
I also wonder why you need to use iframe when you could aslo add a portal page for example, but hey if you're happy ...we are too.

Hiya Joshua (hoi hoi)
I tried the search and could not find an answer, you seeing the black bar means i still am not able to remove that piece of coding.
About the iframes, i tried posting a question about it and edit this post, but A) i am not allowed to change the post for 1440 minutes and B) i can not add a reply in the same topic for 24 hours, since i am the last poster.
What i wanted to post is the following:
I am trying to get the forum to run in an iframe, but found out that that is impossible without all sorts of scrollbars.
So i would like to add the website menu to the header of the forum so i can just run the forum in his own seperate page and still give everyone the oppurtunity to visit the website by using the default menu bar from the website.
However...
The website was built with a programm called website X5 Evolution. So i can't find anything in there since it's using his own engine.

- You mention a portal, where can i find information about that because i'm still having difficulties with getting the forum on to my webpage.

Friendly greetings and a very TY for the help

Back to topPage bottom

Freubel wrote: [View Post]
tried the search and could not find an answer, you seeing the black bar means i still am not able to remove that piece of coding. ...we are too.

As far as I noticed it looked fixed (still does) but I guess if you say you did not remove the code, you must have edited the stylesheed instead.

So here we go ... the code you want to edit is found in overall_header.html:

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">
<tr>
<td height="150" align="left" valign="middle"><a href="{U_INDEX}">{SITE_LOGO_IMG}</a></td>
<td align="center" valign="middle"><h1>{SITENAME}</h1><span class="gen">{SITE_DESCRIPTION}</span></td>
<td align="right" valign="top">&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
</table>

Freubel wrote: [View Post]
The website was built with a programm called website X5 Evolution. So i can't find anything in there since it's using his own engine.

You should be able to find that stuff in forum.html located in the root of you site.

Quote:
- You mention a portal, where can i find information about that because i'm still having difficulties with getting the forum on to my webpage.

Go to phpbb.com MOD DB and search for portal, I'm sure you'll find a few.
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/modifications-1/?from=submenu
(make sure Subsilver edits are available for the portal you choose)

Quote:
About the iframes, i tried posting a question about it and edit this post, but A) i am not allowed to change the post for 1440 minutes and B) i can not add a reply in the same topic for 24 hours, since i am the last poster.

A) that's part of our spam protection.
B) that's to take away the abillity to bump posts unreasonably fast.

I hope the above will open a few doors for you and at least give you some idea of what's possible.

Greetings back to you Freubel  

Back to topPage bottom

Heya Joshua,
(sorry for paging you on the chat)
I tried to change the part of the code as you suggested, but it does not change anything.
Since i have the idea that you don't fully understand what i want to do:

http://www.tankforcephoenix.nl/1.png

That is how it looks now.

http://www.tankforcephoenix.nl/2.png

That is how i want it to look, or as close as possible.
Will look at the forum.html again and see if it makes any sense to me.

Meh, seems it is not possible to add a picture or a link LOL, must be doing something wrong..

Tnx for your help so far !

*ps, i can understand how the protection should prevent spam and bumping, but it also gives you zero options to change or add your first question.

Back to topPage bottom

Let's start by purging you cache in you ACP after each html edit to forum files.

I think I understand what you want (just not in detail, since I'm not really sure what you want to keep or loose from the page with the Iframe).

For example .. if you just want your logo in the black pearl header and add the extra links to another black pearl style menu bar it would be fairly simple.
And after these edits you could loose the iframe.

Chat?? I never noticed  

Back to topPage bottom

Let's start by purging you cache in you ACP after each html edit to forum files.

I think I understand what you want (just not in detail, since I'm not really sure what you want to keep or loose from the page with the Iframe).

For example .. if you just want your logo in the black pearl header and add the extra links to another black pearl style menu bar it would be fairly simple.
And after these edits you could loose the iframe.

Chat?? I never noticed  

Heya Joshua !
LOL & chat and never noticed, guess that's not the right way to contact someone then  
What i would love is that the forum is just a part of my website, and not framed or styled differently.
I have been reading and messing around with the forum.html as you suggested me, but i can't get it to work.
The frame just keeps appearing.
And yes, i did empty the cache in the ACP but... (n00bish) i forgot to empty the FF cache, so after a clearing of that the top header now looks kinda like i wanted (when having to work with frames)
So i basicly just want my forum to have the same layout, width and style as my website   No frames, just like it should be.
Here is a link to the forum.html file, maybe you can somehow point me out to the things i have to change ?
http://www.tankforcephoenix.nl/forum.txt
If you (we) can fix this and make it look pretty you can drive my tanks ! (if you want to give the game a go)  

Back to topPage bottom

Chat is not for support or attrackting attention to a thread anyway, I receive emails on replies and notice new posts.

For now I will remove the SOLVED tag again and hope that someone else may jump in (because I really am not feeling very ok the last couple of days)

You are really making it harder by wanting to use that extra theme, instead of just editing the header and adding an extra menubar IMHO.

I'm sure you've viewed my page and this is only modified phpbb (except the language choice page), if you look at the forum page instead of the portal you notice it all looks exactly the same.

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: [SOLVED] Removing Header BlackPearl 

Chat is not for support or attrackting attention to a thread anyway, I receive emails on replies and notice new posts.

For now I will remove the SOLVED tag again and hope that someone else may jump in (because I really am not feeling very ok the last couple of days)

You are really making it harder by wanting to use that extra theme, instead of just editing the header and adding an extra menubar IMHO.

I'm sure you've viewed my page and this is only modified phpbb (except the language choice page), if you look at the forum page instead of the portal you notice it all looks exactly the same.

Heya Joshua,
Sorr to read you are not feeling wel. Go to bed !
About the website, it really doesn't matter much to me how the end goal should be reached, as long as it's being reached.
And end goal in this case is a forum that looks the same as the website.
Meanwhile i will mess around with the forum.html and see if i can addapt that to hold the index page from the forum. Sounds to me that that is the easiest way.
Go to bed and get a clean bill of health, i'll see you when ur feeling better and up for the task  

Back to topPage bottom

Please view this page ..open the source code (left click >> Bron weergeven) and see how I did it.
http://winmx.exofire.net/EF/index.php

Maybe it will give you some idea  

Thanks for sending me to bed hehehe ... first I'll have to see if my body will accept a little food  

Have a nice "freubel" evening with your code, goodluck  

Back to topPage bottom

Please view this page ..open the source code (left click >> Bron weergeven) and see how I did it.
http://winmx.exofire.net/EF/index.php

Maybe it will give you some idea  

Thanks for sending me to bed hehehe ... first I'll have to see if my body will accept a little food  

Have a nice "freubel" evening with your code, goodluck  

Heya Joshua,
Looking at your page source, but it's all jibberish to me unfortunatly.
I don't know much about coding and even less about php. I used to do my website messing around with Frontpage, think that kinda says it all.
I'll just be patient and wait untill ur feeling good again.
Bon appetit and cya soon (i hope) !  

Back to topPage bottom

Well I'm sorry for this but you should really be willing to at least learn how to do this on your own and get only some assistance (links to tutorials, pieces of code)

It sounds more and more like you need a paid coder who will do all the work for you (I'm trying to bring this as delicate as I can to you )

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List