Instant Gallery

Tags And Keywordsfree flash gallery, free php gallery, free php scripts, instant gallery, php gallery with slideshows

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Subject: Instant Gallery
Instant Gallery
Package Name: Instant Gallery
Package Version: 1.0.3
PHP Author: Mighty Gorgon
PHP Support: this topic/section.
Flash Author: FlepStudio
Flash Support: FlepStudio Elastic Gallery Support
Flash Source Download: Elastic Gallery

Demo: Instant Gallery Demo
Demo Slideshow: Instant Gallery Slideshow Demo

DOWNLOAD: Instant Gallery 1.0.3

Description:
Icy Phoenix - Instant Gallery is a really easy to use gallery. It has been designed to create and show thumbnails of images in one folder and provide a nice flash slideshow (coded by FlepStudio). All you have to do is copying all the files in the package into one images folder and then run index.php. All images will be thumbnailed and a cool slideshow will be created ready to use. You need just a folder with some images and the script will do anything else. Really powerful and easy to use.

Requirements:
  • Apache with PHP 4.X or higher
  • Direct access to the server for uploading files
  • GD Library 2.0.8 or higher
  • Possibility to assign 0777 CHMOD permissions (or any other writing permission to this PHP script and the destination folders)
  • Some free spaces for thumbnails generations

Installation:
  • Upload all the files from the root folder into your images folder
  • CHMOD 0777 your images folder (and the thumbs folder as well if you decide to create different folders for thumbs)
  • Launch index.php from your browser and all thumbnails will be generated automatically (SMALL for slideshow, MEDIUM for web gallery, LARGE for slideshow) (smart sizes of thumbnails)
  • An XML file will be generated for slideshow using Elastic Gallery by FlepStudio
  • Click on Slideshow for Elastic Gallery Slideshow

Known issues:
  • Some hosting doesn't allow to use many CPU charge on GD functions, so if you are having problems with this script, tro to use it on smaller images.

Troubleshooting:
  • If you see only the link of images and not the thumbnails, you may not have the correct permissions set on your folders. Make sure that the folders where thumbnails are going to be stored are writable (CHMOD 777 on some servers) and that the folder were is stored index.php is writable as well (this is needed because XML file for slideshow has to be written).
  • If slideshow images stretches it is likely to be related to thumbnails settings on your index.php. Try to review your configuration.

Customization:
  • Some settings are customizable by editing the first lines in index.php (you can change for example some thumbnails size or the path where thumbnails
    are stored... and more!)
  • All styles settings are in the CSS, feel free to customize it as you wish
  • For any help reagarding PHP please visit: http://www.icyphoenix.com
  • For any help reagarding FLASH please visit: http://www.flepstudio.org

Tips:
  • This gallery has been optimized for JPG and PNG. GIF images will be shown as well, but in thumbs and slideshow they will lose the animation due to GD2 and FLASH compatibility.
  • Thumbnails generation will require heavy CPU load. Avoid to use this script in folders with more than 30 images. Alternatively you may load a certain number of images into your folder, run the script, and then load more images.
  • Slideshow works best with no more of 450px height large thumbs (used for images in slideshow).
  • Small thumbnails for slideshow needs to be forced to the size they are or they won't fit the small frame in the slideshow.

Script History:
  • 2012/09/15 - Version 1.0.3
    • Converted ereg_replace to preg_replace

• 2007/11/25 - Version 1.0.2
    • Fixed permissions issue

• 2007/11/25 - Version 1.0.1
    • Integrated Slideshow

• 2007/11/24 - Version 1.0.0
    • First release

Subject: Re: Instant Gallery
I would really like to thanks Flep for his great site and for all the cool free flash resources he has created. :D

The SlideShow used in this gallery has been created by him, and he will release a source file for all who want to customize it.

A link to the applet used in this script will be provided soon.

In the meantime you may refer to this which is related to standard Elastic Gallery:

Elastic Gallery ENGLISH

Elastic Gallery ITALIAN

Visit his site for other cool Flash appz.

http://www.flepstudio.org/

Hi Luca,
thank you too !

Amazing script and cool gallery :mryellow:

Tomorrow morning i will publish the Flash source files and i will let you know here where the files are.

Enjoy the gallery !

Ok,
the following link is the Flash support:
h**p://***.flepstudio.org/forum/php...sh-cs3-php.html
:mricy:

and this is the download link:
h**p://***.flepstudio.org/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=157

It's very nice

mmm at a problem for slideshow?? => http://www.icyphoenix.com/_ip_ig/index.php?xml=images

Hey Luca and Flep,

great work!!!

I really really like this!

Will there be a Addon for IP available? or can i easily integrate it in the album?

I´m thinking about to provide a new link "Flash Gallery" beside the Album cat name. And that this can be switched on or off in the ACP.

What do you and others think about it?

Let me know.

Great work :shock:

Thanks Flep, first post updated.

KugeLSichA wrote: [View Post]
Hey Luca and Flep,

great work!!!

I really really like this!

Will there be a Addon for IP available? or can i easily integrate it in the album?

I´m thinking about to provide a new link "Flash Gallery" beside the Album cat name. And that this can be switched on or off in the ACP.

What do you and others think about it?

Let me know.

Don't worry KugeL... I'm already working on it. :wink:

fantastico Luca :)

It is needed one thing:

Possibility of having more pages, as it only processes a determinated number of images.

Profile PM  
This is just a simple script... :wink:

Great script! I like it! :mryellow:

that's cool!!

if you don't mind, i would like to add it inside my site, do you?

:D :D :D
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

That's what it's there for cassiopeiastars9

But please before you start, make sure your hosting meets the requirements described in post one :wink:

Testing this script and recieve this error...

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\client_final\gallery\index.php on line 396

for your information

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2