Icy Phoenix

Multiple Message_die Errors In The Album Section

Article
Reply with quote    Download Post  
Post Multiple Message_die Errors In The Album Section 

Observations for version 2.0 beta.

Some pages give multiple message_die errors in the albums section. Also here on this site. From the profile of a user, clicking on the 'Personal Gallery of xxx' when no gallery has been created. For example I don't have a gallery, so my profile will show the problem to other 'normal' users. If you're the owner of the gallery or an admin, you won't see the error page.

This is therefore a permissions problem, and I'm not sure how to go about resolving the problem.

What I do know though is that this occurs with Debug on, and is triggered by calling the sql_db->sql_error() function.

Newbie question - how do you switch Debug OFF? Couldn't find the right button in the ACP.  

Screenshot:
 album_bug

This same condition occurs on the album_modcp.php page if you click one of the 'Move', 'Block', 'Delete', 'Approve', or 'Refuse' buttons without having selected any image.

Screenshots:
 album_bug2  album_bug3

Any help greatly appreciated...

John

jhl - View user's profile Send private message  
jhl [ Fri 06 Apr, 2012 16:25 ]
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Comments
Post Re: Multiple Message_die Errors In The Album Section 

Hi Jhl,

Just an observation ..but it may be a good idea to use the Bugtracker for this one, instead of posting in the General section  

PS ..I'm not sure but I also have a feeling MG is still working on the gallery

Greetings,
...Joshua203

Joshua203 - View user's profile Send private message  
Joshua203 [ Fri 06 Apr, 2012 18:57 ]

Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]
Hi Jhl,

Just an observation ..but it may be a good idea to use the Bugtracker for this one, instead of posting in the General section  

PS ..I'm not sure but I also have a feeling MG is still working on the gallery

Greetings,
...Joshua203

Apologies, I read the Bugs forum - "Only Staff may open and discuss bugs in this forum. If you think you have found a bug in Icy Phoenix please report it in General Support forum, it will be moved here if confirmed. " and thought that was the correct procedure.

I've copied this post to the bugs tracker, but can't post the screenshots - no upload image button. Pity. I was wrong, there is a button after all. Sigh.

John

Last edited by jhl on Sat 07 Apr, 2012 15:18; edited 1 time in total 
jhl [ Fri 06 Apr, 2012 19:20 ]

I'm sorry I think you are right about the bugs forum however I meant where you managed to put the bug now, sometimes it's hard to know ecxactly who can do what and where  

Anyway I've tested the link you posted in post 1 with a test account and can confirm this is actually happening.
Thanks for reporting John.

Joshua203 - View user's profile Send private message  
Joshua203 [ Sat 07 Apr, 2012 13:53 ]

Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]
I'm sorry I think you are right about the bugs forum however I meant where you managed to put the bug now, sometimes it's hard to know ecxactly who can do what and where  

Anyway I've tested the link you posted in post 1 with a test account and can confirm this is actually happening.
Thanks for reporting John.

The bugs tracker is the right place - at least it can be assigned, etc..

John

jhl [ Sat 07 Apr, 2012 15:18 ]

HideWas this topic useful?