Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Download Area Is Not Visitabel For Visitors 

Hi there,

I got a problem with my download area on phpBB XS 2. If someone wants to visit is, is says that they don't have the permission to it but in the rights management they do? Only regged users can visit it, but i want also that guests can visit it but not download it. In ACP everything is set good, but it doesn't listen to what is set!

Anyone an idea or did i missed something?

DaannOSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Download Area Is Not Visitabel For Visitors 

I have an idea - upgrade to Icy . Sorry, I wasn't part of the crew while phpBB XS was developed, so I can't tell how similar were permission and download section management to Icy's, or what issues were back then, but upgrading to Icy is natural step in evolution of your board.
If you had this problem on Icy, I would tell you to check page permissions in CMS.

Sorry for not being able to help you better.

omarskaSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

omarska wrote: [View Post]
I have an idea - upgrade to Icy . Sorry, I wasn't part of the crew while phpBB XS was developed, so I can't tell how similar were permission and download section management to Icy's, or what issues were back then, but upgrading to Icy is natural step in evolution of your board.
If you had this problem on Icy, I would tell you to check page permissions in CMS.

Sorry for not being able to help you better.

No problem and thnx for you`re help. Just one question then, if i upgrade do i loose everything i got now or some bits?

Back to topPage bottom

No, if upgrade is performed right, nothing will be lost. You will keep your users, posts, permissions, most of the settings, etc. Only thing that could cause problems is MODs. If you have mods on your board, it will most likely refuse to work with Icy (modification is possible, many mods has already been made compatible with Icy, and also there are some new mods, developed only for Icy).
Complete upgrade guide is on this topic http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?t=1997.
Always do a complete backup of your site (files and SQL), just in case, you'll see first step in procedure .

Good Luck

Back to topPage bottom

omarska wrote: [View Post]
No, if upgrade is performed right, nothing will be lost. You will keep your users, posts, permissions, most of the settings, etc. Only thing that could cause problems is MODs. If you have mods on your board, it will most likely refuse to work with Icy (modification is possible, many mods has already been made compatible with Icy, and also there are some new mods, developed only for Icy).
Complete upgrade guide is on this topic http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?t=1997.
Always do a complete backup of your site (files and SQL), just in case, you'll see first step in procedure .

Good Luck

Another question. Ive got 2 domains. one is running phpBB XS 2 and the other one nothinhg. If is install icy phoenix on the clean one, how can i put all the data from the other domain to the new one. What do you think is the best solution?

They are  2 totally diffrent domains like x.com en c.com

Back to topPage bottom

DaannO wrote: [View Post]
If is install icy phoenix on the clean one, how can i put all the data from the other domain to the new one?

Well, you should first install clean IP, on fresh SQL database at the new domain. Then, basically, you should transfer data in all tables which has the same name as tables in fresh Icy installation (table prefix could be different) from old database to the new one. I think that should work, although I haven't tried it myself. Anyway you should have backups of all your files and your SQL.
You could also try to replicate your old installation to new domain (copy all files and dirs, clone your SQL), and try upgrade to Icy on this new domain. If you choose this method, you must change few things to make board running on new domain: in config.php change DB name and user, and in phpbb_config table change cookie_domain and server_name values to match your new server. Also if you have some absolute paths in your board, you should change them accordingly. There is more things to change, but this should be enough to get your board running, rest can be changed afterwards. Just be careful, and think your actions smart, and you'll gonna make it.

Good luck one more time

Back to topPage bottom

Hmm it sounds more difficult then i thought. So that's the easiest option for me i am afraid. Ill see what i will do.

Thnx again.

Back to topPage bottom

Antoher question then, if i install also phpBB XS 2 to the new site, is it then easy`er to mov the forum from the old one to the new one and then upgrade to icy? Im just searching for a easy way because i dont think i can manage the above tip. :S

Back to topPage bottom
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Page 1 of 1

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List