Icy Phoenix

Meta Tags

Meta Tags

Article
Reply with quote    Download Post  
Post Meta Tags 

I have just seen, after the updating from 049 to 058, that the html code of my portal page (I think also the other pages) have meta tags wrong !

"title" "keyword" "description" and the others are not the mine ... I have typed my meta tags in ACP/General/MetaTags+ but I see Meta Tags of phpBBXS.eu ... I'm sure to have correct meta tags before the update ...

Lucky - View user's profile Send private message  
Lucky [ Sat 02 Sep, 2006 17:21 ]
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Meta Tags

Comments
Post Re: Meta Tags 

Lucky wrote: [View Post]
I have just seen, after the updating from 049 to 058, that the html code of my portal page (I think also the other pages) have meta tags wrong !

"title" "keyword" "description" and the others are not the mine ... I have typed my meta tags in ACP/General/MetaTags+ but I see Meta Tags of phpBBXS.eu ... I'm sure to have correct meta tags before the update ...

Edit them on includesoverall_header.php file

andrea75 - View user's profile Send private message  
andrea75 [ Sat 02 Sep, 2006 17:24 ]

andrea75 wrote: [View Post]
Lucky wrote: [View Post]

Edit them on includesoverall_header.php file

Yes, but, I have installed since 049 the meta tags + and I thought must be the mod to do this ... with 049 is so ... or not ?

Lucky [ Sat 02 Sep, 2006 18:17 ]

Now I remember to have read something about meta tags changing in 058 ... but I'm not sure ... the problem is I had meta tags + installed with 049 before the update to 058 ...

Lucky [ Sat 02 Sep, 2006 18:18 ]

In fact in page_header.php there is some news that in 049 there was not.

One of them are the codes between

//BEGIN www.phpBB-SEO.com Dynamic meta tags

//END www.phpBB-SEO.com Dynamic meta tags

It seems different to the page_header.php of the previous build ... something of new about the meta tags has implemented in this build and now I don't know if continue to use (reinstalling) the meta tags + mod or do somthing else ...

Of course, during the updating, it has overwrited the file like page_header.php that I have modified in 049 for the installing of Meta Tags + Mod, and now, the mod doesn't want to run ...

I would must have to re-modify the files page_header.php, overall_header.tpl and functions.php ... but I'm not sure to do these operations on 058's files because I think they are different and I don't want make a mistake.

Any suggest to use meta tags at the max power ... ??? And about the Meta Tags + Mod ?

Lucky [ Sat 02 Sep, 2006 20:18 ]

Meta Tags will work fine in 059... wait the new release...

Mighty Gorgon - View user's profile Send private message  
Mighty Gorgon [ Sat 02 Sep, 2006 22:55 ]

HideWas this topic useful?

Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Page 1 of 1