I removed my old php121config.php file and replaced it with the one you provided. I replaced all the files you provided, deleted the old php121 block and created it again. Everything worked great!
I do have a problem, but it was a problem that you had nothing to do with. I'm not sure if I didn't perform the SQL actions properly but it seems my chat doesn't want to refresh. I'm talking about the main window that shows who is online in the chat. I've logged into my main account with Internet Explorer and logged into the "test" account with Firefox. I am not able to see "test" come online after I logged that account in. Something is wrong with the AJAX or something.
I was reading:
I found out there are three possible things wrong:
[*]You have blank lines at the bottom of your php121config.php file.
[*]MySQL 5 is in STRICT mode.
[*]You need to hash out a line in mysql5 my.ini.
I've checked and I don't have any blank lines at the bottom of my php121config.php file. I tried running this in SQL:
but I have to have "super" priveleges to run that code. I contacted my hosting company and they said that since I am running on a shared server, I could not have "super" priveleges. If I had my own dedicated server, I could run that code. So that is a major problem for me, specifically. The last step, which involves hashing out a line of code, I cannot access because I don't have "super" priveleges through my database.
So I found a "hack" that will force the main window to refresh every 20-30 seconds automatically, since AJAX in this modification is apparently not working for me.
I now have this at the bottom of my php121im.php file:
</font><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="30">
This shouldn't have to be edited like this, but I had to since there was no other way AJAX was going to update itself on my website.
I was wondering if you are hosting your test site on a dedicated server or if it is shared. If it is shared and php121's AJAX is updating itself only when it needs to, I have done something wrong on my end. If you are on a shared server and php121's AJAX is NOT updating, the code above will "fix" it.
If you are on a shared server and it's actually updating only when a user comes online or sends you a chat request, let me know exactly how you did it, please!
Thanks and good work Kas!
*Edit* - I think I am going to remove all php121 SQL entries and re-enter them.