Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Content Encoding Error 

I've started getting the following when I try & open my url:

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

* Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

It only started doing it earlier, so I thought it was something i'd installed - at the time I was uploading games to Activity Mod. I've since reset my account using Cleanup / Reload Account in my Cpanel which wipes everything, then done a clean install of Icy using a fresh download from here but i'm still getting the error - it'll let me go through the set up process up to just after you upload config.php, then the error appears again when you try & access the site.

My hosting company were pretty useless when I asked them about it:

Posted by Staff Member, on December 5, 2008, 03:34:50

Hello,

Our team would be more than happy to help you with any problem you encounter. However, we will only provide free support for our system and services. We will help you with basic problems associated with getting scripts running, but if you need help with third-party software, contact the authors of that software or query Google.com with error message you get.

It is not possible for us to provide help for everyone, fix PHP errors or develop your website as it would require a lot of administrative time. We focus in getting our servers and services up and running.

However, you can upgrade your account and we will provide you with full help in installing your scripts, developing your website and fixing errors.

Thank you

Is this me being stupid or is there a reason for it?

Mjay08Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Content Encoding Error 

Mjay08 wrote: [View Post]
I've started getting the following when I try & open my url:

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

* Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

It only started doing it earlier, so I thought it was something i'd installed - at the time I was uploading games to Activity Mod. I've since reset my account using Cleanup / Reload Account in my Cpanel which wipes everything, then done a clean install of Icy using a fresh download from here but i'm still getting the error - it'll let me go through the set up process up to just after you upload config.php, then the error appears again when you try & access the site.

My hosting company were pretty useless when I asked them about it:

Posted by Staff Member, on December 5, 2008, 03:34:50

Hello,

Our team would be more than happy to help you with any problem you encounter. However, we will only provide free support for our system and services. We will help you with basic problems associated with getting scripts running, but if you need help with third-party software, contact the authors of that software or query Google.com with error message you get.

It is not possible for us to provide help for everyone, fix PHP errors or develop your website as it would require a lot of administrative time. We focus in getting our servers and services up and running.

However, you can upgrade your account and we will provide you with full help in installing your scripts, developing your website and fixing errors.

Thank you

Is this me being stupid or is there a reason for it?

are you on free hosting ?

anyway try to do this little test
backup your .htaccess file and then delete it from your server....

LimunSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List