Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post FTP Upload ? 

hi!,
I wanted to upload icyphoenix files to the server, and i wanted to get www.mydomain.com is the home page.then i need to upload files to /public_html folder know?
in the public html folder alreday there are some files ,
_vti_bin
_vti_cnf and etc...

If i upload my files to /public_html/icyphoenix  folder then can i get my domain www.mydomain.com is a Home page?

systemSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: FTP Upload ? 

Some hosting setups are different, but I'm able to point my domain to any directory I want within my hosting control panel.  Generally, /public_html/ip_root should be OK for you.  It's hard for us to walk you through setting that up because we don't know the specifics of how everything is setup in your hosting control panel.  If you have an older setup, /public_html/ip_root will allow you to have your IP home page on www.yourdomainname.com.

ChaoticSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Chaotic wrote: [View Post]
Some hosting setups are different, but I'm able to point my domain to any directory I want within my hosting control panel.  Generally, /public_html/ip_root should be OK for you.  It's hard for us to walk you through setting that up because we don't know the specifics of how everything is setup in your hosting control panel.  If you have an older setup, /public_html/ip_root will allow you to have your IP home page on www.yourdomainname.com.

I use Cpanel 11.I wanted to know when i upload my files to /public_html/ip_root folder then can i get ip home page for www.mydomain.com ?

systemSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

I don't have a cPanel on my hosting account.  Perhaps someone here that uses cPanel will be able to help you buddy.  You could also contact your hosting company about this.  

ChaoticSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List