Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Minimum Posts To View Certain Pages 

Hi,

I would like to give some restrictions on passive users.

I found some ways for restrictions in ICY but is it possible to make restrictions like this mod
"Minimum Posts to View Certain Pages" from http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/8186 ?

Or does anyone know a mod for making restrictions like "Minimum Posts to View Certain Pages" mod for the groups?

Thanks

SAyparSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Minimum Posts To View Certain Pages 

SAypar,

Assuming you are indeed using Icy Phoenix, I believe you can achieve most of what you are looking to do.

If you look on the Standard Pages or Pages Permissions portion in your CMS, you'll notice that the permissions for viewing each of those pages are only for ALL, REG, MOD, ADMIN.  Standard Pages are pages like memberlist, viewonline, viewforum, viewtopic, etc.

You do have more flexibility built in on the CMS Pages though.  You can control who views these pages or specific blocks based on your usergroup settings in the ACP.  The usergroup settings in the ACP allow for specific post requirements, but you should look into that further to see if it will do the job for you.

As of right now, I don't think there is an option for setting specific usergroup permissions for Standard Pages.  You may be able to play around a little bit and get it done, but changing code around like that is something I can't touch.  Perhaps one of our coding gurus will be able to help you here.

ChaoticSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Minimum Posts To View Certain Pages 

Hi

This mod will do what you require... http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/index....contrib_id=1667

though it will take a bit of a work around... basically it will let groups set by you to only view certain pages for example if you have a group called new users and group called users but you only want the group users to view the memberlist page then you can set it up to do so...

To make it so you need a minimal post goto groups in the ACP click new group set up the group you do not wish to see a page for example new users..

then goto ACP/groups mange your group users or similar and set the min posting amount to what you want...

then the members in new users group will be placed in to the group users when they have made enough posts...

my only concern is if they are removed from the new user group... as I have not tested this at all...

Hope that makes sense

so please be warned to test before installing on live site or back up you database before hand...

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List