Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post RESOLVED: Failed To Open Stream: Permission Denied After Upgrade To 1.2.24.51 RC2 

I just upgraded one of my forums to the latest RC2 and and now attempting to log in and enable the site. Just going to the site I am greeted with a bunch of debug lines and a portion of the forum page loads.

Spoiler: [ Show ]

After I log into the ACP I get a different group of debug lines.
Spoiler: [ Show ]

It looks like a permissions thing, but not any of the files that were chmodded to 777 for the installation.

Also, it should be noted that when I do log into the ACP, the page is a blank white one. I verified everything under the adm directory uploaded and double checked the permissions.

Last edited by flabbergasted on Tue 09 Jun, 2009 16:22; edited 3 times in total 
flabbergastedSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Failed To Open Stream: Permission Denied After Upgrade To 1.2.24.51 RC2 

You shure you uploaded everything in binary mode ???

and that all files are ok.

and that you still use your original config.php???

spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Failed To Open Stream: Permission Denied After Upgrade To 1.2.24.51 RC2 

I did use my original config file. As a matter of fact, the first issue I faces was finding out about the requirement to change "define('PHPbb_INSTALLED', true);" to "define('IP_INSTALLED', true);".

I just re-uploaded some files using Filezilla and the transfer mode is set to "AUTO" and when the transfer starts the log states it is transferring in "PASSIVE" mode. I will make a change and try it again. I usually use gftp for file transfers, but it tends to crash when too many files are  queued for transfer. Filezilla doesn't seem to have this problem, but it does have others. I will let you know the outcome.

Back to topPage bottom

I can't remember the last time I ever changed my upload protocol from anything else other than binary. Auto, in my opinion is suspect with most ftp clients as none of them ever seem to always get it right.

Stick with binary, and only change to ascii if the upload instructions of any software tells you to do just that. It may save a few headaches.

Back to topPage bottom

OK, I have re-uploaded all of the files in binary mode and double checked the permissions with no change.

Back to topPage bottom

Hi did you delete your old cache folder when you uploaded your new folders and files....

if you have a backup of your old cache folder upload to your site and see what happens...

the errors your are getting is that your cache files cannot be found... from your old icy...

Let me know...

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Could this be a database permissions issue?

Back to topPage bottom

no this is a cache folder issue

Back to topPage bottom

DWho, you are Dman.    I replied with my last post without refreshing the page and did not notice you had said anything about cache. I did notice when I uploaded the files and folders that the cache directory did not have any sub-folders even though the "Fresh Install" instructions include cache/forims, posts, sql, topics and users.  Since you mentioned cache, I created the directories and set the permissions to 777 and the error messages went away and my previously blank white screen in the ACP has been corrected. I can now see.    Now if only I could find my graphics I created previously.  

Back to topPage bottom

flabbergasted wrote: [View Post]
DWho, you are Dman.    I replied with my last post without refreshing the page and did not notice you had said anything about cache. I did notice when I uploaded the files and folders that the cache directory did not have any sub-folders even though the "Fresh Install" instructions include cache/forims, posts, sql, topics and users.  Since you mentioned cache, I created the directories and set the permissions to 777 and the error messages went away and my previously blank white screen in the ACP has been corrected. I can now see.    Now if only I could find my graphics I created previously.  

your welcome... happy to help...

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: UN-RESOLVED: Failed To Open Stream: Permission Denied After Upgrade To 1.2.24.51 RC2 

Well, I thought this was resolved, and most of the error messages I was getting are gone, but I am now getting this one which appears to be related to the others.

Quote:
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /forum.php on line 331: fopen(./cache/last_visit_1_-6.00.dat): failed to open stream: Permission denied

the cahce directory and all five sub-directories are set to 777. Is there another directory I am missing?

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: UN-RESOLVED: Failed To Open Stream: Permission Denied After Upgrade To 1.2.24.51 RC2 

flabbergasted wrote: [View Post]
Well, I thought this was resolved, and most of the error messages I was getting are gone, but I am now getting this one which appears to be related to the others.

Quote:
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /forum.php on line 331: fopen(./cache/last_visit_1_-6.00.dat): failed to open stream: Permission denied

the cahce directory and all five sub-directories are set to 777. Is there another directory I am missing?

Did you try to clear cache?

DanielcSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Clearing the cache seems to have rectified the problem. I did not think it was a cache clearing issue, because the problem went away after creating the five sub-directories and setting the permissions. As a matter of fact, I clicked to a few of the forums without the error message re-appearring before this last one did. I have done a lot of clicking around the different forums and have not had the message re-appear.  

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List