[SOLVED] Problem With Cracker Tracker's Global News Function In IP

Subject: [SOLVED] Problem With Cracker Tracker's Global News Function In IP
I just downloaded and installed the latest Icy Phoenix onto my test site located at http://engineering.dsjacademy.com/

I did it as an exercise more than anything else and to make sure I could deal with a site running IP. But now there's a problem and I can't figure out how to fix it so I'm hoping that someone here can help.

The Global News located in the Cracker Tracker panel in the ACP is active and up and running but:

1.> It refuses to stay within the confines of any template that I put into use. The banner generated is far too wide for even a fully maximized page and it's bleeding over the templates. How do I change the size of the banner generated?

2.> The banner always shows in a pale pastel shade that clashes with the dark bg and I can't figure out how to change it. How do I change the color/image being used?

3.> I can't get rid of the message that was originally generated. When I clear message, it only clears any messages I add after the original so that the original is still up and I can't get rid of it. How do I get rid of the first Global Announcement made?

4.> Any message I put in displays in white (which is barely legible on a pastel bg like the one generated) unless I put in HTML Color Code to change it. Is there any way to change the default font color away from white?

If anyone could help me with this, I'd really appreciate it because if I can't fix it, then I need to know how to disable it completely before I feel ok about putting the IP into play on the main site.

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited by Mara ETon on Wed 10 Jun, 2009 20:08; edited 1 time in total
Profile PM  
Inactive User
Subject: Re: Problem With Cracker Tracker's Global News Function In IP
Hello Mara,

I did warn MG that the mark-up was useless for that function - Looks like he never got around to fixing it.

IP v27* and RC*

Copy the attached image to templates/common/images/ip_warning.gif

IP27* mg_themes

Open ALL templates/mg_themes/overall_header*.tpl

Spoiler: [ Show ]

IP27* FK Themes

Open: templates/fk_themes/overall_header.tpl

RC releases:

Open: templates/default/overall_inc_body.tpl

If you want to change the width for any reason - Change this: table width="80%"

ip_warning.gif
Description:  
Filesize: 1.92 KB
Viewed: 103 Time(s)

ip_warning.gif

Lopalong,

Your fix looks simple and lovely and I wish that it would work and... I feel like an idiot even saying this... but I can't find the file "overall_inc_body.tpl". Not anywhere in the FX or the IP. I find "overall_includes.tpl" but that isn't the same file. I've searched on the copies I have on my home machines, through the copies of the FX themes that I got, and then through the copy I have up on the site. Nada.

If you could tell me where I might procure the file, then I will most hastily fix it.

I feel like an idiot. Sorry that I couldn't find it. :(

(Editing Note: When I was referring to "FX" I was actually referring to the iThemes and the FK themes that went with it - I'm running iThemes with the FK_Clangang theme ATM on the site - again, sorry.)

Profile PM  
Inactive User
Haha! When you said you installed the latest, I assumed you meant Icy Phoenix RC2, and not the latest stable release - ip v27*. ;)

I didn't look at your URL - But stand by and I'll update the script for both v27 FK and mg_themes a little later today, and update either this post or my first one.

:mricy:

Edit:

Second post upgraded with fixes for all versions. :P

Subject: Re: [SOLVED] Problem With Cracker Tracker's Global News Function In IP
Lopalong, you're beautiful! You're wonderful! If I hadn't been fixed, I'd be having babies named "Lopalong"! Thank you, thank you, thank you *grovel*. You're the best and it works brilliantly! Thank you!!!!!!

:)

Profile PM  

Page 1 of 1