SOLVED You must be registered to view this link

Subject: You must be registered to view this link
This problem has just started to appear over the last few weeks and I don't know what is causing it see this Link for a demo.

Now if you are not registered then you should see the message "You must be registered to view this link" in bold text which is correct I only want members to be able to look at the links.

My problem is that even members including myself (the admin) cannot see the links and get the same message when logged in, I have checked the settings for permissions in various locations and they all seem to be fine, Also the problem seems to have appeared from nowhere in particular, I have not carried out any updates since the last one which was the RC2 release but the problem did not appear untill a good two weeks after that update. What is more confusing is that if I go into the post and edit it, but do not alter anything just submit the post again the links correct themselves and I am able to see and click on them without any problems. If I move away from that post and then return the problem re-occurs.

It's not urgent but just a little bit annoying as I am having to redirect members to different areas of my forums for the items they want.

Any help would be appreciated.

A foot note the links can be anything from web links to other sites, download links and even direct file access links. The attachments feature is not effected.

Subject: Re: Any Idea On What Is Causing This
Daggers wrote: [View Post]
..."You must be registered to view this link"...

If you want to use this feature you must turn off "Precompiled posts": ACP->Configuration->Icy Phoenix->Posting & Messages->Disable Precompiled Posts: YES, then empty the cache. :wink:

Subject: Re: Any Idea On What Is Causing This
Thanks I will try that solution, although I don't remember turning it on.

Part 2
Yeah that appears to have worked many thanks for the help
:mryellow:

Page 1 of 1