Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Cosmetic/Functionality Bug In IP 1.3 

This is a strange error. This is what IP looks like at the official site when viewing a forum within a category:

official

This is what it looks like on a fresh install (not upgrade):

mine

Notice the red box on the official site screenshot and what is missing on my install. I don't know if this is a style/template bug or a coding bug elsewhere. All styles, not just Frozen Pheonix, end up with the breadcrumb box not appearing on this site page.

Anyone able to come up with a possible fix?

arectorSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Cosmetic/Functionality Bug In IP 1.3 

Try to have a look into CMS section in Standard Pages.

Check that breadcrumbs are enabled for that page.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I checked Standard Pages section of the CMS to make sure the checkbox for breadcrumbs was enabled for all pages and they are. I even unchecked the box to see if there might be a coding glitch, but the page stayed the same. I then rechecked the box and still nothing. To test to make sure it wasn't my configuration on my windows box with XAMPP, I uploaded to my host and the same thing happens there as well.

I'm at a loss as to what is going on with my install and where to even begin to check for bugs in IP. This is definitely a complicated piece of software.

OFFTOPIC: I also noticed that the common.css file for the proSilver styles, hInfinity Dark and Green Vision are missing, except proSilver itself. So hInfinity Dark and Green Vision don't work correctly unless you download proSilver and copy common.css into the styles root folder.

Back to topPage bottom

Regarding your issue, make sure you have all the template files uploaded in the right folders and that you have breadcrumbs_main.tpl and breadcrumbs_vt.tpl.
arector wrote: [View Post]
OFFTOPIC: I also noticed that the common.css file for the proSilver styles, hInfinity Dark and Green Vision are missing, except proSilver itself. So hInfinity Dark and Green Vision don't work correctly unless you download proSilver and copy common.css into the styles root folder.

I am aware of that, and I'm currently uploading updates for all styles.

Fixed versions will be available later today.

Back to topPage bottom

Mighty Gorgon wrote: [View Post]
Regarding your issue, make sure you have all the template files uploaded in the right folders and that you have breadcrumbs_main.tpl and breadcrumbs_bt.tpl.

I have breadcrumbs_main.tpl and breadcrumbs_vt.tpl in the templates/default folder, but no breadcrumbs_bt.tpl.

I redownloaded the entire package from here again and also checked the SVN for this file and they are not there. I also looked at the _vt version and it looks like it points to the view posts page. Is the package missing a file?

I hope I'm not being a pain, MG. I feel kind of lonely that nobody else is having this issue. Thanks for taking the time to try to help me.  

Back to topPage bottom

Sorry it was my fault... I was meaning VT and not BT.

Anyway I have it working properly on any test installation.

Did you already cleared the cache and hit CTRL + F5 in your browser?

Do you have a live link to check?

Back to topPage bottom

Here's a link to my test site: null

This is a default installation with nothing changed and was re-installed today from a new download from icyphoenix.com. I did not mess with anything in the ACP.

EDIT: Due to the fact that I cannot find a way to resolve this issue, and some others that I'm having, the link has been removed so that I can use my test domain to test other options.  

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List