Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Another Blank Pages Issue (viewforum.php And Viewtopic.php) 

Hi, Icy people, long time no see  
First of all, I want to congratulate MG and all of the contributors on this brand new release. Way to go, guys  

Also, I would like to start a new thread about problem that appeared on my board after an upgrade to 1.3.0.53.
Update from 1.2.0.27 went smoothly, at the first look it was all OK. But when I tried to open one of the forums, boom - I got the blank page. Then I tried to open some topic directly (via viewtopic.php), and the same thing happened. And it happens with every forum or topic I tried to open. Home page itself looks OK, all posts are there and displayed normally. Also, all forums and categories are displayed on main forum.php page, problem appears only when I try to open some of them. All other modules and standard pages work perfectly, only those called through viewforum.php and viewtopic.php are giving a blank output.

I uploaded package once again, just to avoid a possibility of corruption during upload, problem stayed. I doublechecked file and folder permissions (even install script confirms that everything is OK with CHMOD), problem stayed. I checked auth_access (even truncated this one) and forum tables in database, everything seems normal. Cache was cleared many many times, but the problem stayed. I tried all of the applicable solutions for blank pages mentioned on icyphoenix.com, but to no avail.

So basically, I have "almost" fully functional portal, which works as usual, BUT as long as you don't open page that call viewforum.php and viewtopic.php.

After all these tries, I updated to 1.3.0.53a, update also went smooth, but after replacing files with the ones from the patch, whole site goes blank. Searching the forums, i found tat it could be caused by new common.php file, so i tried to narrow it down, and found a critical line. It was new timezone function MG introduced in patch (line 144):

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
@date_default_timezone_set(@date_default_timezone_get());

Aftef I commented that line the site came back, but the abovementioned problem with viewing forums and topics still exists. BTW, that was only change I did to original 1.3.0.53a files. And here are some environment data:

Version of Icy Phoenix: 1.3.0.53a
Version of PHP: 4.4.7
Version of MySQL: 4.0.27-standard
Size of the database: 33.15 MB
Gzip compression: ON

I have run out of ideas for fixing this one (during 3 sleeples nights ). Could some of you guys try to figure this one and help me out? Also, if there is something I forgot to mention, just ask :).

Take care and keep the IP going

omarskaSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Another Blank Pages Issue (viewforum.php And Viewtopic.php) 

Hi !

Try to go adm/erc.php and do some fix ...

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Hi, Informpro that was lightning fast  

But unfortunately, I already tried all those fixes (through erc.php and some of them again manually), but still no change. Blanks are still there  

Back to topPage bottom

Well, was this some kind of epiphany, or what
After posting this issue, I stumbled across this topic:
And there was the solution. Although in ACP » General » Force Topic Read » Deactivate FTR » I disabled FTR function, apparently it wasn't enough. I had to disable MASTER FTR switch (set ACP » Config » Icy Phoenix » Posting and Messages » Completely disable Force Topic Read » switch
 to YES), and after that everything went back to normal. No more blank pages on viewforum.php and viewtopic.php.

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List