Icy Phoenix

I Am Going With Icy Phoenix But I Need Help First

Article
Reply with quote    Download Post  
Post I Am Going With Icy Phoenix But I Need Help First 

When i go for this i want to know if i can use my already phpbb3 installed forum's users and such before i actually install it to my site. (i have phpbb3.0.6rc3)

and if this works would it support phpbb3's mods and styles that i have on my forum?

Trogan - View user's profile Send private message  
Trogan [ Thu 22 Oct, 2009 21:45 ]
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Comments
Post Re: I Am Going With Icy Phoenix But I Need Help First 

Trogan,

I am sure i am correct when i say this, but no doubt if i am wrong the higher authorities will correct me.

There are threads in this forum that detail how to convert to IcyPhoenix, however PHPbb3 skins and themes are not supported by ICY unless someone modifies them.

I am certain you can bring your existing user base into IcyPhoenix without too much hassle.

Have a search in the forums for PHPbb3 to icyphoenix. Im sure many members will help as other have converted long before yourself.

Well Done on Choosing the best forum engine !!

regards

AndyGpy - View user's profile Send private message  
AndyGpy [ Thu 22 Oct, 2009 22:01 ]
Post Re: I Am Going With Icy Phoenix But I Need Help First 

AndyGpy is correct about phpBB 3 styles and mods: they won't work in Icy Phoenix unless you (or someone else) will recode them for you.

Regarding porting users, forums and posts, currently there is no easy way, and I discourage doing it unless you have really good reasons. Better reinstalling from scratch, but think twice about that... you won't be able to revert back.

Mighty Gorgon - View user's profile Send private message  
Mighty Gorgon [ Mon 26 Oct, 2009 16:58 ]

HideWas this topic useful?