Icy Phoenix

Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Upgrading From Phbb2 To Ice Phoenix Not Working Tryed 5 Times To Upgrading :( 

Try to change config.php and make it point to the updated DB to see if it works.

It shouldn't... but that would be another check... and that would also probably mean that the DB isn't upgraded correctly.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Upgrading From Phbb2 To Ice Phoenix Not Working Tryed 5 Times To Upgrading :( 

i already tried that. pointing to the upgraded one.

thing is , that the upgrade is´nt finished. posts are only in _old_phpbb_posts and _old_phpbb_posts_text

the script didn´t move them to phpbb_posts.

And there are many other tables showing 0 content

spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

is there a way to convert them manually so the problem is not with the server . thank u spydie you are me helping a lot and i must thank the rest of you all too thank u so much this means a lot to me

ancrazSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

I have been around the server with ancraz's permisson, and it looks like it was a CHMOD issue. Php was only allowed to read on the server, but we need to make it capable of read & write...

novice programmerSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Thats means my server is not able to support icy phoenix , what changes in the server will help script run  

Back to topPage bottom

ancraz wrote: [View Post]
Thats means my server is not able to support icy phoenix , what changes in the server will help script run  

That is not fully true, as long as a fresh install suceed, but a upgrade don't.

In order to workaround and troubleshoot this thing, this is the way I have tried to update and upgrade his board:

SMF 1.1 -> PhpBB 2.0.22 -> PhpBB 2.0.23 -> Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53

That last stage do fail, as long as the update suceeds, but quering the server for icy's root index.php redirects to the install procedure (install/install.php). I have been trying to execute the clean_tables_ip.php file, but it returns nothing. All of this happens while the files are chmod 777, so I assume it is not a permissions problem.

It does not mind if I try to update to Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53 or directly to build 053a RC3.

I think there is something on the files the server os not able to do. On the update page it appears the "Your server does not support file creation and editing", but the cache files of Icy are on their folder and filled with contents...

It is a very rare issue, and I guess you will need to contact your hosting service to fix your server in order to be able to run Icy Phoenix with any issues. I am sorry I cannot help you anymore.

Perhaps you will be aimed to make a SSH login into your server if it is a VPS or a dedicated one ir order to access your server's configuration files.

Back to topPage bottom

novice programmer wrote: [View Post]
ancraz wrote: [View Post]

That is not fully true, as long as a fresh install suceed, but a upgrade don't.

In order to workaround and troubleshoot this thing, this is the way I have tried to update and upgrade his board:

SMF 1.1 -> PhpBB 2.0.22 -> PhpBB 2.0.23 -> Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53

That last stage do fail, as long as the update suceeds, but quering the server for icy's root index.php redirects to the install procedure (install/install.php). I have been trying to execute the clean_tables_ip.php file, but it returns nothing. All of this happens while the files are chmod 777, so I assume it is not a permissions problem.

It does not mind if I try to update to Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53 or directly to build 053a RC3.

I think there is something on the files the server os not able to do. On the update page it appears the "Your server does not support file creation and editing", but the cache files of Icy are on their folder and filled with contents...

It is a very rare issue, and I guess you will need to contact your hosting service to fix your server in order to be able to run Icy Phoenix with any issues. I am sorry I cannot help you anymore.

Perhaps you will be aimed to make a SSH login into your server if it is a VPS or a dedicated one ir order to access your server's configuration files.

is it possible for me convert in a different server move back the site this server . will that work  

Back to topPage bottom

if you can try that , it will probably work

depending on the permissions on that server of course.

Back to topPage bottom

spydie wrote: [View Post]
if you can try that , it will probably work

depending on the permissions on that server of course.
do you know some place where i can get a sub domain easy . iave a ccount on a different server but a domain name name for it or do you know any free host where i can do this  

Back to topPage bottom

i´ll try later on on my server.

Back to topPage bottom

i´ll try later on on my server.

thank u

Back to topPage bottom

Before trying to switch to another server you should try doing the conversion on a local testing environment (using XAMPP for example).

Only after you have that working correctly on your local server I would take any other decision.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I´ll probably do the conversion on my Wamp enviorment and take it converted to ancraz server

Back to topPage bottom

I´ll probably do the conversion on my Wamp enviorment and take it converted to ancraz server

thank u so much man it means a lot

tried in my friends server still did not work the same error

Back to topPage bottom

Mighty Gorgon wrote: [View Post]
Before trying to switch to another server you should try doing the conversion on a local testing environment (using XAMPP for example).

Only after you have that working correctly on your local server I would take any other decision.

Well, I think that my post has been mis-understood. I were not talking about a server swich, but to get root at the SSH terminal of his VPS/dedicated server and make the required changes, but I think it is too much for ancraz to handle...

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List