Problem With Upgrade To 1.3.0.53

Subject: Problem With Upgrade To 1.3.0.53
Hi, everyone!

i manage (with other 2 friends) hattrickitalia.org

we upgraded icy from 1.1.0.15 to the last version with some problems and doubts. When we have launched install.php, all process finished fast except "rename and move sent images" (it's my translation from italian version, i hope yuo understand what it is): infact that process was active about 15h with over 16milion computed voices. after this time we stopped athe process and went online.

1) our stored images are about 5000, but user linked images from other sites are uncountable. is there a method to determine how many time that process need to finish well? 16million computed voices is a normal value?

2) themes/template problem: we can't install any new theme even if we upload them by ftp in the correct folder. we created a colorized aphrodite but when we go into ACP we can't see it. so we try to put in an original version of aphrodite witouht succes. after we tried to modify internal folders structure to make them similar to the integrated icy_phoenix. another failure. how can we install a theme? i haven't found an how to

3) no thumbnail: today we found a recent post that suggest to enable allow_fopen function, but our hosting partner say no to our request. so there is another way to show them? why can we see them in the old 1.1.0.15 version?

4) last question: after the upgrade our db dimension grow up from 640mb to over 1gb. is it normal? we see that some old table are renamed so can we delete them or there is a method to trash some data?

sorry for the long post. thank in advance

Subject: Re: Problem With Upgrade To 1.3.0.53
First of all, let me suggest you to use the Italian support website if you cannot read / write English very well, so you can be helped in your own language. :wink:

volpozzo wrote: [View Post]
we upgraded icy from 1.1.0.15 to the last version with some problems and doubts. When we have launched install.php, all process finished fast except "rename and move sent images" (it's my translation from italian version, i hope yuo understand what it is): infact that process was active about 15h with over 16milion computed voices. after this time we stopped athe process and went online.

1) our stored images are about 5000, but user linked images from other sites are uncountable. is there a method to determine how many time that process need to finish well? 16million computed voices is a normal value?

Thumbnails are not processed... only images uploaded by users... if you have so many images, best would be to do the conversion on a local PC instead of doing that online, so you can have a better control over what's happening.

2) themes/template problem: we can't install any new theme even if we upload them by ftp in the correct folder. we created a colorized aphrodite but when we go into ACP we can't see it. so we try to put in an original version of aphrodite witouht succes. after we tried to modify internal folders structure to make them similar to the integrated icy_phoenix. another failure. how can we install a theme? i haven't found an how to[/quote]
Icy Phoenix 1.3 has a very different structure of templates folders, so you should pay attention when you upload your styles. The correct folder for aphrodite shoudl be templates/squared/.

3) no thumbnail: today we found a recent post that suggest to enable allow_fopen function, but our hosting partner say no to our request. so there is another way to show them? why can we see them in the old 1.1.0.15 version? [/quote]
Maybe you should disable thumbnails in post if you cannot use the fopen function... because the system is not able to import the picture and create the thumbnail. :sad:

4) last question: after the upgrade our db dimension grow up from 640mb to over 1gb. is it normal? we see that some old table are renamed so can we delete them or there is a method to trash some data?[/quote]
If everything is working fine you can delete the renamed tables... I just set up the process in this way because I don't want users to lost their data if a conversion is not processed properly.

Page 1 of 1