Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Chat Not Working Properly 

hai, i m newbie in here, and i m using a great CMS forum icy phoenix too, but i have found some problem in my forum site, especially in CHAT (not shoutbox). the problem is when i typing some text in the textbox, and i hit enter, the text that i'm typed did'nt appear below. what's wrong with my chat??? Can you help me to resolve them clearly and make it working?? I'm very need it to comunicate with other member,  i'm using icy phoenix 1.3.0.53.

Please give the solution what i must to do,
Thanks for the help..

mrwindowsxSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Chat Not Working Properly 

Are you sure JavaScript is enabled? Can you please try using another browser?

Thanks.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Mighty Gorgon wrote: [View Post]
Are you sure JavaScript is enabled? Can you please try using another browser?

Thanks.

sure, d javascript is curentlyy enabled, i'm trying to use another web browser and it showing some result, BUT when i use a CHAT in icyphoenix website with my browser MOZILLA FIREFOX it is working well, otherwise in my website its not working   .

What wrong with my CHAT??? i did'nt do anything before,, please give me solution,,  

Back to topPage bottom

It my be related to charset.

Can you provide me a link to check please?

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Can you provide me a link to check please?

okey, this is d link:

http://forum.iesc-unhas.com/ajax_chat.php

please help me to fix it MG,,,  

Back to topPage bottom

yes, maybe you are right, because when i check using Page Source tools in firefox and comparing with chat in icy phoenix website, the charset not same with my chat page source charset. the chat in icy phoenix website using charset=UTF-8, and in my chat using charset ISO-8859-1. I have checked other website using icy phoenix ajax chat like http://www.icyphoenix.co.uk/ajax_chat.php, this website using same charset ISO-8859-1 with my ajax chat, and the chat working well.

What's wrong on my ajax chat? should I change the charset using UTF-8 or not? If so, How i change the charset and what effects in my forum site if i change the charset? Anyone can help me please?

I'm really sory, i asking to much and i'm no good in english. Hope you all can help to resolve it, Because i'm a newbie,,

Back to topPage bottom

Hi mrwindowsx,

I think it would be a good idea for you to read this thread about copyright removal first, in all fairness .. who created icyphoenix? who created the template used? you?¿?

http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2149

Sorry to be a pain in the butt , greetings,
..Joshua203

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]
Hi mrwindowsx,

I think it would be a good idea for you to read this thread about copyright removal first, in all fairness .. who created icyphoenix? who created the template used? you?¿?

http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2149

Sorry to be a pain in the butt , greetings,
..Joshua203

Hi Joshua, I've read the topic, and I'm totally agree with that. I'm sorry about before, this package of icy phoenix that I've installed on my site was edited by my friend, and i don't know he was removed about copyright in footer, I've noticed it when you are warned me about the copyright, thanks a lot Joshua.

And now you can see on my site, I've updated and changed into which it should be. Can i still get support from icy phoenix now? I hope you can help me friend,,

Thanks,,

Back to topPage bottom

Let's hope someone else is forgiving enough to help you (I can t help you since i am a phpbb user and i only do the easy questions here   )

However I did check the copyrights and they look OK again, please be smart and don't change them again  

Little advice on getting help...
you provided a link to chat, but non registered users can not see anything... create a temp test account and login for the one that might want to look at it for you or.. open up the chat for non members temporary  

Back to topPage bottom

Ok,, I've opened chat for non-members, you can try it now, and you can see the chat not function, text you've typed does'nt appear below when you click submit button, and Ajax not loading..  

Back to topPage bottom

hm

have you got ajax functions enabled in ACP??

spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Like I tried to explain I can t be of much help but

- does your host allow ajax chat?

- do you notice all the errors in your modified style? (i see so many errors it makes me dizzy   ) wouldn't it be a good idea to make a back up and start fresh?

I can confirm what you say happens but if i look at chat archive i can read the messages from your and my history just fine, looks to me like the chat just does not refresh or even gets updated

Edit:...Thanks for stepping in Spydie, we posted arround the same time i guess ... i'll step out of the discussion  

Edited by Joshua203, Thu 21 Oct, 2010 16:48: added some because of posting at the same time
Back to topPage bottom

spydie wrote: [View Post]
hm

have you got ajax functions enabled in ACP??

Of course yes,,, i've set to enabled long ago,,  but ajax chat still not working.

Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]
Like I tried to explain I can t be of much help but

- does your host allow ajax chat?

- do you notice all the errors in your modified style? (i see so many errors it makes me dizzy   ) wouldn't it be a good idea to make a back up and start fresh?

I can confirm what you say happens but if i look at chat archive i can read the messages from your and my history just fine, looks to me like the chat just does not refresh or even gets updated

Edit:...Thanks for stepping in Spydie, we posted arround the same time i guess ... i'll step out of the discussion  

- yes, my host allowed ajax fuction, because my AJAX Check While Registering working well, but ajax chat not.

- Start fresh again? i've done it before three times, but this problem never gone.. this ajax_chat make me crazy,,

so, there are other solution to resolve it???  

Back to topPage bottom

Quote:
- Start fresh again? i've done it before three times, but this problem never gone.. this ajax_chat make me crazy,,  

I was not talking about only the chat but about the full modified forum, I can t believe you do not notice all the other problems in your pages, like I said ...I got dizzy, examples... blocks sticking out of tables, pages being wider than the screen, blocks being ripped apart etc etc... did you not notice all that yet??

personally i would start fresh if i was you to avoid a big bug hunt for every single error in the modifications

Back to topPage bottom

I´m with you on this one Josh.

personaly i think, he did all the edits at the same time.

start with a clean install. import your database if you want to, so you don´t loose any data, and when start testing eveything before doing any edits.

Afterwards, if you want to start modding your forum, edit evry mod at his very own, and check afetr every mod, that everything works fine.

spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List