Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Can Not Access Headers & Banners In ACP 

After a cracker destroyed another website I had, I decided I needed to update all of my old sites, so uploaded version 1.3.0.53b to an old website of mine, to replace a much earlier version of Icy Phoenix (from around 2008).

I did a complete reinstall of it over the old version, creating a new database and everything for the new install.

I am trying to set the site back up, but when I go to the ACP and select "Headers & Banners" from the Configuration menu it takes me to a blank page with "Hacking attempt" at the top of it.

I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this and knows an easy way to correct it before I hack into the code and see if I can sort out the problem?

Thank you,

Sandra
aka: Freelancer

h**p://***.thewritingoffice.com
Version of Icy Phoenix: 1.3.0.53b

FreelancerSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Can Not Access Headers & Banners In ACP 

did you import data of the old database ??

If yes, you should go through the hole update process.

spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Thank you for the reply Spydie.  No, I did not import any of the old database, I deleted it and created an entirely new database for the new install. So far that one part seems to be the only issue I am having with the new install.

Back to topPage bottom

There's no more "Headers & banners" (in the latest dev version at least). There is "Ads & sponsors" in CMS manageent.

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Sorry Informpro, but we´re talking 53.b

i think

latest patch release for 53

did you upload all files in binary mod of your client ???

try to reupload all files

Back to topPage bottom

A couple of things.

Looking at the header of your forum - it's apparent that the chainsaw you used to prune it may have been a little out of control.  

Why don't you reinstall it and put what you want in place and THEN take out everything that you don't want, and test as you go.

And close these off while you're there.

<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

And - Edit lang_main_settings to change the Meta Data to compliment your site - not Icy Phoenix.  

Apart from that it's more than likely something you have removed or done - Other than something wrong in that department with Icy Phoenix.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

mort wrote: [View Post]
A couple of things.

Looking at the header of your forum - it's apparent that the chainsaw you used to prune it may have been a little out of control.  

rofl     

You might have a look at Post It theme in styles seccion

That´s something close to what you want archieve i think

Back to topPage bottom

You flatter me, Mort, that you think I went with something as tame as a chainsaw. ;-D I've just been completely lazy and sloppy in trying out the new Icy to see what things do in it. (Remember, I was using the 2008 version until last night   )

Yes, I have been clearing out a lot, but all modifications I made were either in deselecting something to be visible or in toying with a different color/image in the .gif files for the theme. Nothing that would have affected the Headers & Banners code. And I have not even began to mess with meta stuff. Thank you, though, for the code checks.  It's greatly appreciated. (Benefit of dormant site is that I am fearless in messing with it because I know traffic fell off long ago.)

I think Spydie is right and I need to just completely dump the site and restart from scratch. I already did a full dump on another site that crackers messed up, so will go try a full new install there without trying to install over the old version like I did at the problem site.

Informpro - If it's not even in the latest Dev version then I won't worry about it :-D, I have been toying with the Ads & Sponsors a bit and like what I see of that feature so far. The only reason I was wanting to mess with Headers & Banners is because I know where in there to drop code to get an ad to show up after the first post in a forum and by the website title. I found the Ads & Sponsors position to get ads into the list of forum topics, but not yet one for after the first post within a discussion.

I'll go rebuild second website from ground up and see if that clears up the Headers & Banners issue.

Thank you all for the help.

Back to topPage bottom

maybe you would like to try

View Topic Element position.

thats the sponsors one after the first post

make shure, you´ve enabled all positions

Back to topPage bottom

Freelancer wrote: [View Post]
You flatter me, Mort, that you think I went with something as tame as a chainsaw.

The problem is that there is seldom any help given to people who modify a theme or files and then complain that something isn't working.

And that's generally Run-of-the-Mill - not just here.  

I think you know the story.

BTW, try <div style="padding: 100px;">&nbsp;</div> instead of all those ugly <br> AKA <br />'s you used - Looks nicer - works better for "fine-tuning"

Another BTW - you may want to look at this "Old" theme for some idea's and useful graphics.

http://styles.phpbb2.de/index.php?s=35

There is another one I've seen somewhere that's done like a book - But the old sites are disappearing!

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List