Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Can I Use Phpbb Mods? 

newb here  

can i use phpbb mods like normal?

primordalSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Can I Use Phpbb Mods? 

For IcyPhoenix no. IcyPhoenix is a complete different animal than phpBB at this point, while IcyPhoenix may seem similar there is actually very little in common with the source-code compared to phpBB.

Depending on the simplicity of the mod you are thinking of one may be able to get some phpBB mods to work with a little finesse. That is no guarantee though and I certainly would not try to apply any phpBB mods to IcyPhoenix without any consideration to the differences.

Honestly I find almost no phpBB mods worth adding though, as almost everything already has been. If you feel there is something that you would like to try to add please let us know though, and someone around here may be able to help get it included.

HansSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Hans wrote: [View Post]
For IcyPhoenix no. IcyPhoenix is a complete different animal than phpBB at this point, while IcyPhoenix may seem similar there is actually very little in common with the source-code compared to phpBB.

Depending on the simplicity of the mod you are thinking of one may be able to get some phpBB mods to work with a little finesse. That is no guarantee though and I certainly would not try to apply any phpBB mods to IcyPhoenix without any consideration to the differences.

Honestly I find almost no phpBB mods worth adding though, as almost everything already has been. If you feel there is something that you would like to try to add please let us know though, and someone around here may be able to help get it included.

thankx, i wanted a blog mod for users but sine it may not work

primordalSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

That you may be able to achieve with the "news category's" and "KB mode" depending on how exactly you would want that to function.

HansSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

And you can change a "normal" forum that way, that is looks like a KB mod forum.
So you really dont need this KB mod  

TheSteffenSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List