Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Folder Name Changes In Latest Github Version (2.0.0.85RC2) 

Hello all,

I've just fetched and merged the latest Github version, and run the install/database_update.php script.

One important modification is that files/posted_images has been renamed to files/images. However after both the git update and database update I still have a full files/posted_images folder, and an empty files/images folder.

Is this correct, or should I have run some other install/update script to move the contents and fill the database table (which I think is ip_images)?

All the best,

John

jhlSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Folder Name Changes In Latest Github Version (2.0.0.85RC2) 

I'm not sure I understand John, how can you rename a folder and still have the old folder present?

http://www.icyphoenix.com/docs/readme_english.html#upgrade_ip :
Quote:
8. Rename the following folder:
  ◦ files/posted_images ==> files/images

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Folder Name Changes In Latest Github Version (2.0.0.85RC2) 

Thank you for that, Joshua

Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]
I'm not sure I understand John, how can you rename a folder and still have the old folder present?

http://www.icyphoenix.com/docs/readme_english.html#upgrade_ip :
Quote:
8. Rename the following folder:
  ◦ files/posted_images ==> files/images

Well, I've been running IC2.0Beta/RC locally for a few months, so I usually just update via Git, and run the install/database_update.php script. This has worked until today. Though it probably isn't the 'right' way to do things.

Git couldn't 'rename' the folder because it uses a delete 'old folder', create 'new folder' technique which is not the same as a rename. So the result was I got both folders. I hadn't read the IP manual though  

I copied the contents of posted_images into images, then ran install/install.php.

Here I came across a problem that I got an 'insufficient permissions' error. I was logged as an admin,  but the code wants the founder user when IP is already installed - seems a bit drastic to me, and I don't have that user's password. I simply modified the php file (I'm in local, not happy about doing this on a live server) to get to the install page... Perhaps there is a way to change the 'founder' via ACP?

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
    if (defined('IP_INSTALLED'))
    {
        $founder_id = (defined('FOUNDER_ID') ? FOUNDER_ID : get_founder_id());
        if ($user->data['user_id'] != $founder_id)
        {
            message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Not_Auth_View']);
        }
    }

Then from the Optional updated box (sorry I'm translating from italian) I chose 'Update to version 2.0.0.84RC1 (or higher)' - it's the last choice in the list, and than finally 'Import Images to the  DB (Upgrade from Icy Phoenix 1.3 or higher)' as per the docs you linked to.

Now all is well again. The images in posts come from the right folder, so I manually deleted posted_images.

The main reason I am doing things this way is that I want to use Git on the server to upgrade the software. The server is currently 1.3.whatever, so I'll do the 'normal' wipe clean and install routine, but I want to install via Git so that future upgrades become a simple git fetch <remote>, git merge <remote>/<branch or tag>

John

jhlSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List