Icy Phoenix

Phpbb3 Posts, Users & Categories To Icy Phoenix?

Article
Reply with quote    Download Post  
Post Phpbb3 Posts, Users & Categories To Icy Phoenix? 

Hi,
I'm a totally new user of Icy Phoenix. Previously, I spent a lot of time working in phpbb. I really like your project, I think I will engage in it, IP is a very forward-looking. OK, to the point.
Is it possible to transfer posts, users and categories (forums) from phpbb3 to Icy Phoenix? (by copy database records).
You write that Icy Phoenix based on phpBB - and I see it - there is why I ask for it. Also, this is a frequent issue if someone moves from phpbb to your CMS.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Greets, Hirko

Hirko - View user's profile Send private message  
Hirko [ Sun 30 Sep, 2012 11:09 ]
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Comments
Reply with quote    Download Post  
Post Re: Phpbb3 Posts, Users & Categories To Icy Phoenix? 

Icy Phoenix has its own converter from phpbb3 in the directory ip_root/install/phpbb3_conversion

Quote:
Basic info on how to use this file:

1. Lock your phpBB 3 board
2. Make a full backup of your phpBB 3
3. Install Icy Phoenix on the same DB (if you want to install on the same phpBB 3 folder you should first delete/move phpBB 3 files), but with different table prefix (best would be to have Icy Phoenix tables with "ip_" prefix and phpBB 3 tables with "phpbb_" prefix)
4. Edit the constants definitions in "phpbb3_to_ip.php" file to reflect the correct prefix and name in case you need it
5. Upload "phpbb3_to_ip.php" to your Icy Phoenix root and launch it
6. When the conversion ends, you should have all users, forums, topics and posts in your Icy Phoenix DB
7. Login to Icy Phoenix and run almost all DB Maintenance scripts in ACP (you may need to alter the constants.php if your main admin id is not 2, or you won't see this menu!)

zsolti10 - View user's profile Send private message  
zsolti10 [ Sun 30 Sep, 2012 13:13 ]

HideWas this topic useful?