Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Icy Phoenix Doesn't Seem Very Functional 

Hi, recntly installed icy phoenix but it doesn't seem very functional to me. There were no installation errors but it doesn't seem to have much of an admin system and is constantly asking me to log in.
Examples of problems: I log in as admin then go to News/news categories. There are no categories and nowhere to add any.
I go to forum, try to make a post, it tells me the visual confirmation code is incorrect, but a) if i'm admin why do i need a code, and b) there is no visual confirmation code.
I cannot do anything to my profile, the only way i can even find my profile is by going to 'who's on line' and clicking on my username there, but even then, i can't edit my profile.
It's like i'm not even logged in, but, if i use a different password, it tells me the password is incorrect, when i use the right password, it seems to have logged me in.
All in all, i can't see what i can actually do with icy phoenix, it' very disappointing. I can't even find any way of administering the site.

Edit: just did a password reset but its still the same. Any ideas or should i just delete it and use something else which allows admin to configure the site?

zbdbluesSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Icy Phoenix Doesn't Seem Very Functional 

Hi zbdblues, welcome to IcyPhoenix,

First of all, could you provide a screenshot of the first page of your ACP? ..maybe it will give us a clue of what you mean by "not much of an admin system".

Secondly, please make sure you are trying to login with your founder account.

Third, please make sure you have the cookie settings set up correctly in ACP >> Main Settings >> Server.

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]
Hi zbdblues, welcome to IcyPhoenix,

First of all, could you provide a screenshot of the first page of your ACP? ..maybe it will give us a clue of what you mean by "not much of an admin system".

Secondly, please make sure you are trying to login with your founder account.

Third, please make sure you have the cookie settings set up correctly in ACP >> Main Settings >> Server.

Hi Joshua, afraid i'm going to giv it a miss, it seems too buggy to me. It's currently not allowing me to log in at all, despite having done password resets. As far as ACP goes, there isn't one. When i have been able to log in there was very little i could do, i know this is a work in progress, and i really liked the style etc, but i do need something with functionality. If it just had one problem i'd stick with it, but it doesn't actually seem to do anything. Thanks anyway.

Back to topPage bottom

It really shoudn't do what you describe which is why I think of wrong user loggin in combined with wrong cookie settings.

It just takes a little time to familiarise with Icy, we 're always happy to help you through the first humps and bumps  

Let us know if you change your mind  

Back to topPage bottom

It really shoudn't do what you describe which is why I think of wrong user loggin in combined with wrong cookie settings.

It just takes a little time to familiarise with Icy, we 're always happy to help you through the first humps and bumps  

Let us know if you change your mind  

Well, i'll re-install it and try again, but when you mention wrong cookie settings, there is nowhere to adjust settings. It seems that there is no way of administering the site. As for log in, if i use a wrong user/password it tells me it's wrong. When i use the username and password that i set, it appears to log me in, but as i say, anywhere i go i have to log in again, and then i don't seem to be able to do anything. I'll re-install and update you, thanks.

Back to topPage bottom

zbdblues wrote: [View Post]
but when you mention wrong cookie settings, there is nowhere to adjust settings. It seems that there is no way of administering the site.

This is what your ACP should look like after install:
 cleanacp

The wrong username was only a guess, incase you created a second user with junior admin privileges (this user could be seeying a partial ACP, with only the stuff he is allowed to edit in it).

The cookie suggestion could very well be the reason you have to login again and again.

Please make sure you have cleaned your browser before trying again  

Back to topPage bottom

but when you mention wrong cookie settings, there is nowhere to adjust settings. It seems that there is no way of administering the site.

This is what your ACP should look like after install:

The wrong username was only a guess, incase you created a second user with junior admin privileges (this user could be seeying a partial ACP, with only the stuff he is allowed to edit in it).

The cookie suggestion could very well be the reason you have to login again and again.

Please make sure you have cleaned your browser before trying again  

Haven't had a chance to do the re-install yet, but thanks for that screenshot, I'm certainly not getting that when i log in. Something odd somewhere!

Back to topPage bottom

I log in as admin then go to News/news categories. There are no categories and nowhere to add any.

You can add news categories in the ACP -> News -> News Categories.

I go to forum, try to make a post, it tells me the visual confirmation code is incorrect, but a) if i'm admin why do i need a code, and b) there is no visual confirmation code.

The visual confirmation is only for guests and not for registered members (especially admins).
Your problem has nothing to do with the password: it's a matter of cookies. I think you made a mistake during your installation. Would you mind to copy here your file "{root}/config.php" ? (think about removing your password first !). Also go on your database to check the table ip_config and check the lines about the cookies and server settings. Third: check if your browser is the matter. Try to login on your forum with a different browser (Firefox - Opera - Chrome). If it doesn't work for all of them, (and I bet it won't) the problem is your settings.

YrosSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List