Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Black And Blue Pearl Styles ? 

Hi all,
 I know black and blue pearl styles will probably not be upgraded from 3.0.12 but I see they are in herein select style at the top right of this website.
My question is what version of phpbb do I need to install to run both of these styles(themes)
I use to use phpbb many years ago but obviously use another now and have for a long time but like the phpbb
any help would be appreciated
thanks
Oh yeah I installed phpbb 3.0.12 and seems to not work with blue and black pearl also there was a lot of over text
writing on top of itself on the left hand side
thanks

PahkillerSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Black And Blue Pearl Styles ? 

Icy Phoenix phpbb styles are no longer kept up to date or supported here. To use them you would have to go back to a version of phpBB that they were designed for, and we don't recommend that you do that because for a start they don't support the "new" plug-in system that phpBB now use or the current script structure they use.

And MG has stated somewhere that he won't be updating them in the future - When he is going to remove them and all of the phpBB from this site is currently anybody's guess?

And it's not just the older versions of phpBB that they used to suit  - There has also been changes to the PHP script/engine/versions and to the latest browsers that would have to be considered or upgraded for everything to function properly.

So sorry fella, you'll have to try to convert the script, css and html yourself and that would be quite a task..

So many changes - Hardly worth the effort...

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Hi Bill,
Latest versions available are for phpbb 3.0.12 and you will find the styles here:

http://www.icyphoenix.com/styles/styles.php?cat_id=phpbb3

As mort stated, those styles are not supported anymore, because too many things changed in phpbb and those would need to be restyled from scratch!

As far as I know all styles works fine on a clean setup of phpbb 3.0.12

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

mort wrote: [View Post]
Icy Phoenix phpbb styles are no longer kept up to date or supported here. To use them you would have to go back to a version of phpBB that they were designed for, and we don't recommend that you do that because for a start they don't support the "new" plug-in system that phpBB now use or the current script structure they use.

And MG has stated somewhere that he won't be updating them in the future - When he is going to remove them and all of the phpBB from this site is currently anybody's guess?

And it's not just the older versions of phpBB that they used to suit  - There has also been changes to the PHP script/engine/versions and to the latest browsers that would have to be considered or upgraded for everything to function properly.

So sorry fella, you'll have to try to convert the script, css and html yourself and that would be quite a task..

So many changes - Hardly worth the effort...

Thanks for the info

Back to topPage bottom

Mighty Gorgon wrote: [View Post]
Hi Bill,
Latest versions available are for phpbb 3.0.12 and you will find the styles here:

http://www.icyphoenix.com/styles/styles.php?cat_id=phpbb3

As mort stated, those styles are not supported anymore, because too many things changed in phpbb and those would need to be restyled from scratch!

As far as I know all styles works fine on a clean setup of phpbb 3.0.12

So how much would it cost for someone to update the theme for the latest version of phpbb?
That’s how much I like black pearl.
I have install phpbb 3.0.12 and a few themes and like them a lot
if I can put it here my test site www.planetbattlefield.co  
I don't know much how to upgrade a theme actually I have no idea but wish I did
Thanks for all the feedback appreciated

Back to topPage bottom

Hi Bill,

The old style of templates relies(d) heavily on graphics for the effects - Today, templates need to be "responsive" and that means "If that is what one wants to do" then one needs to take a new approach - No matter what one could do with the Pearl templates to keep them similar - they are never going to look quite the same because the "heavy" graphics would need to be removed or modified or replaced with gradients.

Here's a theme that one could start with for a quick conversion, but it's not responsive?

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/animezone/demo/3.1

You probably need to pick on something responsive from the above link and then set about changing it around so that it comes close to the pearls..

Otherwise it IS a hell of a lot of work.  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Hi Bill,

The old style of templates relies(d) heavily on graphics for the effects - Today, templates need to be "responsive" and that means "If that is what one wants to do" then one needs to take a new approach - No matter what one could do with the Pearl templates to keep them similar - they are never going to look quite the same because the "heavy" graphics would need to be removed or modified or replaced with gradients.

Here's a theme that one could start with for a quick conversion, but it's not responsive?

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/animezone/demo/3.1

You probably need to pick on something responsive from the above link and then set about changing it around so that it comes close to the pearls..

Otherwise it IS a hell of a lot of work.  

Ok thank you for the reply and I know your right just hoping

Back to topPage bottom

You pick one or more styles from the phpBB styles demo and post the links here and I'll have a look to see if I can be of some help in kicking them around so that they resemble the "Pearls".

Don't look at the colours too much but concentrate more-so on the layout(s) that you would be happy with.

Just remember that some/all may have to be updated to the current phpBB version - and you would have to do that too either before or after conversion.

Edit:

Another thought is that you could ask over at phpBB.com if there is anyone interested in converting it/them and post a link back to this thread which shows that MG has abandoned the styles...

Maybe the "better" way to go..

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

I agree with everything avatar mort wrote!

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Off Topic
:
I had no idea we had a user tag! that's really cool!

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Ok thank you will give phpbb.com a try and pick a theme in here as well see what comes
thanks

Just had a look at the styles
What about Aphrodite Black?

Back to topPage bottom

Pahkiller wrote: [View Post]

Not sure what you are suggesting here, but you do need to pick a theme/layout you like from the demo/themes available at phpBB.com and then start suggesting what you would like to do with it, or what you would like it to resemble.

I'm also pretty sure there are other sites that create phpBB themes but you would have to Google because I can't remember what they were called. Or if they have converted any of what they offer to the latest phpBB (Responsive) format.

But that's what you need to do.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Pahkiller wrote: [View Post]

Not sure what you are suggesting here, but you do need to pick a theme/layout you like from the demo/themes available at phpBB.com and then start suggesting what you would like to do with it, or what you would like it to resemble.

I'm also pretty sure there are other sites that create phpBB themes but you would have to Google because I can't remember what they were called. Or if they have converted any of what they offer to the latest phpBB (Responsive) format.

But that's what you need to do.

Again thanks will do

Back to topPage bottom

Where can I find an updated Kiss Portal DL for phpbb3.0.12? All teh downloads I find say they are for phpbb 3.0.11

john21wallSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Try phpbb.com as kiss portal never came from here, and phpbb is no longer supported here.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List