Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post [DEPRECATED] Black Opal AKA Opal Black! 

This style is deprecated and no longer supported - Please upgrade your Icy Phoenix to version 1.3.*

Last edited by Guest on Sat 18 Jul, 2009 12:47; edited 5 times in total 

Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: [Release] Black Opal AKA Opal Black! 

does that mean we have to register and post on your forum to download any of your themes....?

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

That's pretty obvious from the fact that one needs to make two posts before they can access the download.

It takes hundreds of hours to create some themes, particularly when they are not just clones of IP. And if anyone thinks that spending 5 minutes of their time by being required to "Register" on forum-styles.com and submit two posts is too much of a problem to access the themes; then:

1. they either don't really want it.
2. They have no consideration for anyone other than themselves.

A general observation:

It never ceases to amaze me how important "other" people's forums are to them; but it when it comes to someone else's, everything should be there just for the taking.

So yes, one does have to register there.

Back to topPage bottom

I was only asking a straight forward question...

I make themes  for all different software programs and understand fully how long it takes to to make them .... I just found it strange I had to post on your site to download them....

Still that is up to you... as I said I was asking a straight forward question but sadly you seem to have taken it the wrong way....

Back to topPage bottom

Your question "does that mean we have to register" infers that you are speaking for others, and I reponded to that. Had it been "does that mean I have to, or one has to register" I would have simply said "Yes you do".

Back to topPage bottom

Wow kind of hostile....

I shall remember to correct the way I speak in future to ask only for myself so as not to confuse anyone regarding the fact that I have no reason to ask on behalf of anyone else...

I do think you were just being very defensive as you believed I was attacking you download method in some way but that again is up to you...

Also you could have just answered yes you do... to my question whether I said we or I.....

I would have quite happily registered at your site if I wished to download your themes...but

A: I do not need to download your theme as you already pointed out..

B: what am I supposed to post when I do register....

Last edited by DWho on Fri 28 Mar, 2008 12:29; edited 1 time in total 
Back to topPage bottom

i do not like dark styles ..but you are doing a great work . I know too.. what work you must do geting a final result of one style.....I  think you have 200 folders in your desktop :):):) 100 pictures like tbl_h_c ..tbl_bla_bla ect ect ect  images and many many other thinks and many days of hard work :):):):) Congratulations  and best regards

keanySend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

DWho wrote: [View Post]

B: what am I supposed to post when I do register....

Anything that's not indecent, homophobic, political, racial or anti-secular.    

Now it's time for the white flag to be raised, report these posts as way off-topic; and hopefully a nice Moderator will be kind enough to delete them.

Do you agree, or are you gonna argue about that too ?

Back to topPage bottom

keany wrote: [View Post]
i do not like dark styles ..but you are doing a great work . I know too.. what work you must do geting a final result of one style.....I  think you have 200 folders in your desktop    100 pictures like tbl_h_c ..tbl_bla_bla ect ect ect  images and many many other thinks and many days of hard work     Congratulations  and best regards

Here's a nice "light" one I'm working on - h**p://forum-styles.com/ip-themes/

It looks better with FF, because IE7 still has problems with .png that need to be sorted out.  

Back to topPage bottom

Lopalong wrote: [View Post]

Do you agree, or are you gonna argue about that too ?

LOL I only asked a simple question....

Back to topPage bottom

LOL guys it was just a misunderstanding, there is no reason to argue at all.

VortexSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Lopalong wrote: [View Post]

Here's a nice "light" one I'm working on - http://forum-styles.com/ip-themes/

It looks better with FF, because IE7 still has problems with .png that need to be sorted out.  

The transparent images for your theme are working fine in my IE7 the site is exactly the same for FF...

The problem is as far as I can tell as I have used those images myself for a theme is they have not been correctly made.... and in both IE7 and FF they sometimes darken unless you refresh the page...

I sadly scrapped the theme I did for this... as I couldnt be bothered to redo the images...

Back to topPage bottom

The transparent images for your theme are working fine in my IE7 the site is exactly the same for FF...

Thanks for the feedback.  

But in IE7, the scrolling is jerky, rather than smooth as with FF. There is a fix for it, but a lot of other .js scripts in IP don't particularly like it.

The problem is as far as I can tell as I have used those images myself for a theme is they have not been correctly made.... and in both IE7 and FF they sometimes darken unless you refresh the page...

I made some of those graphics using PaintNet, and because of the "double" level of transparency it's difficult to know how it's going to react with all browsers because of caching.

I sadly scrapped the theme I did for this... as I couldn't be bothered to redo the images...

Yep! they do take a long time to make, especially the transparencies; but if I change them to .gif the whole effect is lost and so is the ability to just add a new background for a whole new look?

Dunno! Still musing over it.  Maybe bite-the-bullet and try it with gifs, and if anyone wants to expand on it; then they'll have to create new coloured gifs for it.

Back to topPage bottom

LOL I only asked a simple question....  

Nice to see you have a sense of humour!   But you are right in one way.

I've reverted the download section to the IP way of doing things, but you one still has to log on to access the downloads.

It's a test site, and I do need people to log on and hopefully post something and generally "play", so if you want to help out and log on, and run amok - then you are welcome.

I've never tested the BAN functions - - -        

Back to topPage bottom

The template is good looking, I just don't like big buttons:

http://myphp-bb.com/ip-demo/templat...h/new_topic.png

Regarding the "debate" I hope that all is over.

OFF TOPIC
My PERSONAL (which means that I'm not GOD and I may be wrong ) opinion on the matter...
I don't like being asked to post to be able to download something, just because I wouldn't like my site being spammed for a couple of extra downloads.
I only require registration for some extra features / styles just because I don't want lazy users to use my email to ask questions... so if they already registered to download something, it is more likely to happen that they will use their account to ask questions or support.
For the same reason I don't like features like HIDDEN messages or "THANKS BEFORE DOWNLOAD", because it is true that I'm using my own free time to give something for free (you cannot even imagine how many hours of my FREE time I have used for this project and for supporting it...) but it is also true that I don't like being thanked (or off topic posting) from people who don't care or cannot understand it. People who don't understand how many efforts (bringing on a project like this) all this stuff require or people who remove copyrights as their first "customization"... well I guess they are the most likely to spam to achieve their goals. English is not my native tongue so it is difficult for me to not being misunderstood, but I hope you will get my point... And remember that this is just my opinion, I don't want to offend anyone.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List