Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post RESOLVED Index_empty.php In IP 1.2 Not Laid Out Correctly? 

Ok, I am not sute this is in the correct place, but I it is a template issue.

Following the instructions for add a site page with cms, since my web server doesn't allow the creation of a file in the domain root directory, I am supposed to create the page through cms, then copy index_empty.php, rename it and upload it with the same name as the file I created through the cms. The main page is 3-column which is the layout I want for the pages I am going to add. The problem is the bar we see just under the header here and everywhere else that shoe us where we are is suppose to be as wide as the full page just like the header. The Menu block is supposed to be under the left end of this bar (the one that has Home on the left end). When I created the file as directed and uploaded it, it is not laid out correctly. See below.

http://mexicansgohome.com/template.php

So when I ad a centered block, I have a space to the left of it where the menu block is supposed to be if there wasn't a menu block left of the "Home" bar (or block). What file would I have to edit to fix this?  

Last edited by flabbergasted on Mon 31 Mar, 2008 04:57; edited 1 time in total 
flabbergastedSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Index_empty.php In IP 1.2 Not Laid Out Correctly? 

So, I tried to copy index.php and edit the blocks for it after I renamed it, but when I click on the "Edit This Page" link, it is still storing the page ID for the index page. So instead of editing the new page, I end up editing the index page. Is the page ID written into the page code when the page is generated?  

Which pages directly effect the index_emtpy.php file.?

Back to topPage bottom

It looks like an issue that was carried over from version 1.1.9.24. Any ideas? http://afreecountry.com/forum/template.php

Back to topPage bottom

If I understand correctly what you need I think you have to use a different page layout and disable global blocks for that page.

Try to use CENTER layout and disable global blocks.

Let me know.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Actually, what I am trying to do is use the same page layout as the one that is currently used for the index of the site. I understood the index to be the 3-column layout. On the index page, the "Top Nav" block like the one you have above the list links for "Home>>Forum>>Icy Phoenix>>Templates And Styles>>Index_empty.php In IP 1.2 Not Laid Out Correctly?" extends over the Menu block on the left side of the page. When I add a page using the 3-column layout, that block does not extend over the Menu block, but butts up to it instead. I then end up with extra space between the center column and the left column. It basically is a fout column instead of a 3 column.

Back to topPage bottom

I have added a search block in the left column. As you can see, it is appearing to the right of the Menu block instead of under it. http://mexicansgohome.com/template.php

Back to topPage bottom

Okay, 3 column was the correct layout to use, but the issue was when creating teh page, I was selecting "Use Global Blocks", because I thought I had to to use the blocks that I wanted to be common throughout the site. When I retried it, I selected "No" for this option and it worked beautifully. Problem resolved.

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: RESOLVED Index_empty.php In IP 1.2 Not Laid Out Correctl 

Great, thanks for sharing your problem and solution as well.

It is a shame that sometimes users solve their problems and do not report back.

Thank you.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List