Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Css Help Please 

Greetings,

I feel really kind of stupid for having to post here but I've been driven to it more or less to keep my sanity. :*) I have been working on the CSS for the 1.2.0.27a setup and I am going nuts. On my old CSS I was able to change the full background color of the forums to a lovely gray... see below:

forumbackground

The coding:

/* main selectors */
body {
    background: #c6c6c4;
    /*background: #FFFFFF url(images/ice/bg_body.gif) top left repeat-x;*/
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0 10px;
}

The new body background with the exact same body color coding comes out looking like this:

forumbackgroundnew

The coding:

/* main selectors */
body {
    background: #c6c6c4;
    /*background: #c6c6c4 url(images/ice/bg_body.gif) top left repeat-x;*/
    margin: 0px 0px 0px 0;
    padding: 0px 10px 0px;
}

Also, I have one other major issue. My links are all white. No one has complained about it but it's driving me bonkers. When you hover over the links they turn a great deep crimson color and you can see them perfectly, but on some of the background colors on my site, you can't see the links at all and it's an issue. Here are some examples. I've boxed in red where links should be and given a second picture in a couple of cases where I've highlighted the same link with my mouse and you can see it in red. I cannot find the correct coding for the life of me to change these links from white and I have spent hours on it. At this point I figured I should ask and see if someone else might be able to help. I know some times it's just easier if you step away and bring in a second party (or 30 LOL) for help in some cases.

missinglinks userblock
posturlmissingposturlhighlighted

I would appreciate any help people can give. Oh and if anyone is really curious, I have both my old (I think it's version 1.0.1.14) css and my 1.2.0.27a css in a zip attached to the post. Thanks. :*)

lucent_css stuff.rar
Description:  
Download
Filename: lucent_css stuff.rar
Filesize: 11.4 KB
Downloaded: 127 Time(s)

lucentgemSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Css Help Please 

Your text .css problem is controlled here.  

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
a { color: #225566; text-decoration: underline; }
a:visited { color: #225566; text-decoration: underline; }
a:hover, a:active { color: #CC3333; text-decoration: underline;}

One of the best tools for finding what class is where in a template is View Source.

And you have picked one hell of a theme to modify.  

Back to topPage bottom

Lord that was so simple. I knew it would be hehe but I kept missing it. I thought it was that one but I also thought I had already tried it, obviously not. So very glad I asked. Thanks a ton Lopalong!

Now hopefully someone else can answer the other question and I'm good to go. :*)

Back to topPage bottom

This should fix your problem.  

Change this!

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
#forumtable {
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    border: solid 0px #333333;
    border-width: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
}

Back to topPage bottom

Well that's very logical and resolved my issue. Thanks so much you seem to have resolved all my issues. I really appreciate it. If you knew how long I worked on that...well that's why it's better to bring in a second person sometimes. Sometimes you get too buried in what you are doing and become blind LOL. I'm familiar with CSS but I don't know Forum CSS as much as I'd like to. Either way, I really appreciate your help.

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List