Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post A Little Help... 

Hi to everyone...
My request is a bit messed up ...so if I'm not clear enough...please tell me!

So...here we go:
I need to make a theme for Icy Phoenix that possibly will be like this: http://www.project-console.com/

but...first of all: I need this style only for the homepage...and not for the entire forum...so, how could I do this?...how can I make a template only for the home page?

I use Icy Phoenix 12027c on phpbb2...

Second thing: where the home page style files are stored (css etc.) ?

I want to start from a black pearl style...and also I want to make the forum news exactly like the web site mentioned...I mean: short, without author, with an image...

I know...all is a bit confused...but just think that I eìwant a style for Icy like "that one"...

Please help me with suggestion of every kind...Thank you!

andreaSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: A Little Help... 

andrea wrote: [View Post]
Hi to everyone...
My request is a bit messed up ...so if I'm not clear enough...please tell me!

So...here we go:
I need to make a theme for Icy Phoenix that possibly will be like this: http://www.project-console.com/

but...first of all: I need this style only for the homepage...and not for the entire forum...so, how could I do this?...how can I make a template only for the home page?

I use Icy Phoenix 12027c on phpbb2...

Second thing: where the home page style files are stored (css etc.) ?

I want to start from a black pearl style...and also I want to make the forum news exactly like the web site mentioned...I mean: short, without author, with an image...

I know...all is a bit confused...but just think that I eìwant a style for Icy like "that one"...

Please help me with suggestion of every kind...Thank you!

1.- Copy the black pearl to another folder to have a backup and modify the files on their relative routes to the forum root.
2.- Home page style files (the HTML code) is coded on TPL files. Perhaps you wanna look at templates.php so you will know how to add conditions such for as sending to visitors contents depending on if they users, mods or admins. Bottons, background and other things related are stored on the .css file on /templates/{theme_engine}/

3.- For the news block you will have to modify the *.tpl blocks for it at /blocks/ relative to you forum root.

novice programmerSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List