Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Black Pearl - Color Picker 

Actually, wow.  Never posted here before and the entire WYSIWYG editor you got going on here is incredible!

So now to change my question a bit

I use black pearl on my site, but it is in a frameless JFusion with Joomla so I had to tinker with it and shrink the width a bit etc.  But I am beyond satisfied, as I have a dark theme site (black and gold) and black pearl fit like a glove!

The only problem I have noticed that I have not been able to fix myself (I do not know php or css, I am just good at tinkering) is the WYSIWYG area.  I came here looking for a new color picker.  Since my phpbb3 is a bit thinner than most, the big block of color picker squares on the right just squishes things in so much that the text area is like a vertical banner.

But now my question has changed to this ....  how can i get THIS WYSIWYG editor you have here as I am posting.  Pardon me if that is already answered in the forums.  I searched far and wide for an answer to my original question before posting, but did not search for an answer to my new question.

Thanks in advance, and great job on the theme.  It is incredible!

tbird412Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Black Pearl - Color Picker 

The wysiwyg ... is an advanced bbcode made for Icy Phoenix.. sadly this does not exists for phpbb3... but  I believe there is something similar on the phpbb3 dev mods...

have a look here..... http://www.mssti.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=383

i hope that helps...

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Awww, too bad, it's very nice.  I looked at the other mod, and it is nowhere near as sweet as the one here.  Will that other mod work with the IcyPheonix theme?  I am thinking of just switching to that theme and trashing our 10 year long web site colors because of all the headaches of making anything work in a dark theme.

Back to topPage bottom

tbird412 wrote: [View Post]
Awww, too bad, it's very nice.  I looked at the other mod, and it is nowhere near as sweet as the one here.  Will that other mod work with the IcyPheonix theme?  I am thinking of just switching to that theme and trashing our 10 year long web site colors because of all the headaches of making anything work in a dark theme.

if you are using phpbb3 than that mod will work just fine... there may be some code differences in the theme but nothing hard to find...

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

OK, thanks to you everything is working now.  And let me just say ... wow Gorgon, you blew Joomla right out of the water with this one.  Incredible!

One last noob question here ... where can I get styles compatible with this Extreme Styles mod in the new version of IP?  I went to the site for Extreme Styles and it only has phpBB2 styles.  Am I an idiot and using phpBB2 now without realizing it?  LOL

Back to topPage bottom

Icy Phoenix is built upon phpBB2, not phpBB3.  With the new version of Icy Phoenix releasing right around the corner, you'll notice a lot of code changes that deviate from the core of phpBB2.  Icy Phoenix is becoming it's own entity.

Since Icy Phoenix is so complex and has a built in CMS, the styles you find for phpBB2 on other websites will not click perfectly.  We have quite a few styles here for the next version of Icy Phoenix it'll make your head spin.  Right now only the basic styles are available since IP is still in the RC phase of development.  You can also browse the template forum here and find a few styles users have already created for the next version.  Once this next version is released, all the older styles will be released along with it.

Your questions are not n00bish.  What is it teachers always used to tell us?  "There is no such thing as a stupid question."  We're glad you are asking questions because you are actually helping other users.  Others might run into the same problem you are having and will be able to find a quick answer, thanks to you.

See you around the site!  

ChaoticSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I used to believe in that whole "no stupid questions" thing until about a decade ago when I put on this uniform for the first time

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List