Convert A Lang To Ip_1.3.0.53 Compatible

Subject: Convert A Lang To Ip_1.3.0.53 Compatible
How to convert a language file from 1.2.0.28 to 1.3.0.53? I not see one script with this function on web. :-( But a complete language directory is too big with conversion by my hand.

Subject: Re: Convert A Lang To Ip_1.3.0.53 Compatible
alephlg wrote: [View Post]
How to convert a language file from 1.2.0.28 to 1.3.0.53? I not see one script with this function on web. :-( But a complete language directory is too big with conversion by my hand.

Why do you need to "convert" them?
If you have heavily edited your language files you can try to use WinMerge (or some diff-GUI for GNU/Linux) to get the differences.

For german I am also using WinMerge to check... great programm

Profile PM  
TheSteffen wrote: [View Post]
For german I am also using WinMerge to check... great programm

yes i totally agree with Steffen 8)

@alephlg

if you want to update your 1.2.0.28 language to the newest... you can download the english folder from http://svn.assembla.com/svn/icyphoenix_langs and merge it with the program... so you see exactly whats new and changed...

buldo wrote: [View Post]

Why do you need to "convert" them?

Because IP have more than 100 language files and it is a very hard work for translate it all before a new version
Aleph! Már elkezdtem ezzel! Ha kész vagyok az általad lefordított résszel, jön az admin fele!

Profile PM  
zsolti10 wrote: [View Post]
Because IP have more than 100 language files and it is a very hard work for translate it all before a new version

Sure! But I don't think you can "convert" your files easily, quickly and without errors.
Translating is always been an hard work and Translators Group's members can confirm this.
I think that the only sure way is to compare file by file with a lot of patience... :(

Thanks for this useful topic. TheSteffen and buldo, thank you for your suggested WinMerge program.

You are welcome :mricy:

Profile PM  

Page 1 of 1