Icy Phoenix may be configured to be very fast, and to use a minimum charge of SQL.
I've created an ACP link for doing this quickly: ACP => Configuration => Quick Settings.
Remember that running one of that options your configuration settings will be changed, and if you have set some specific parameter then you may have to setup it again!!! You should make a full backup of your CONFIGs tables (phpbb_config, phpbb_album_config) before running this file...
Remember also that these few suggestions may let you gain some extra speed on your Icy Phoenix.
- Disable Thanks Topic
- Disable Topics Ratings
- Disable Topics Notifications
- Disable Access to pages you're not using (this could save you enormous resources)
- Disable Statistics, Site History and Referrers pages
- Let only admins show user statistics on profile pages
- In CMS use only the blocks you really need as global blocks
- Reduce the number of Smileys
- Reduce topics and posts per page
- Disable UPI2DB, or enable it only for admin and moderators
- Don't use acronyms, autolinks, censor
- Enable LoFi for Bots
- Disable Online users on forum index
- Enable posts cache (pay attention on multilanguage forums)
Use this topic in conjunction with this one to optimize your site:
How To Reduce CPU Charge On Server
P.S.: while running this file you may be warned by some errors in updating config... this may depends on the version of your package, please, do not pay attention to the output log, and in any case you can restore your backup if you have problems.