How To Covert Ip To Phpbb2 Then Covert Phpbb2 To Phpbb3
how to covert ip(icy phoenix) to phpbb2
then convert phpbb2 to phpbb3
original text (in spanish)
I also have to clarify that the move to a forum phpBB normal there are many details that are lost, I refer to data stored by MODs installed in the forum you want to convert. Since the objective of this guide is to get a forum unchanged, it means (I think) that are no longer required for any data MOD installed in the past. An example of such data are pictured in the accompanying album phpBB XS
Well, let's do this:
1. The necessary first step before anything is done with backups relevant both files and the database. It is important to the backup of the database from the phpMyAdmin and not from the ACP
's own forum on issues that have already been discussed before in these forums.
2. Since the ACP
to change the default template, disable the forum and disable registers (to avoid entering or register users while we process.
3. Clean_Tables_1.0.9.zip Download the file, which you can download from the same message, unpack in a folder called / install / on our hard disk.
4. Using an FTP program we upload the folder / install / at the root of our forum with all its contents.
5. Open the browser and execute the file clean_tables.php that has been within the install directory that have previously uploaded to the server in the previous point. To do this, type: http:// [yor_domain] / [your_forum] / install / clean_tables.php "in the browser.
6. After the previous step, we will see a list of all the tables in our database. All tables that appear are not using the phpbb2 normal, in other words, all the tables that are are tables that can be removed without fear. Yet we want to uncheck that in the event that we need to retain for any reason whatsoever. After a second confirmation, we click on "Clean tables" which clean our database tables .
7. Clear ALL the contents of the root of the forum EXCEPT config.php file is the one that has the data connection to our database.
8. Download the latest version of phpBB (as of today is the 2.0.22), unzip the file and upload it ALL to the server, the root of the forum, EXCEPT config.php file.
9. And that's it. We already have a forum clean without losing data users, forums, messages, private messages, and ranks number of messages per user.
If after the whole process you can not see the forum because it gives you an error with the template, must access the database and manually change the default template. This requires opening the phpbb_config table and seek data Default Style and put a 1. That is why I say at the beginning that it is good to put the forum with the default template before converting the database. If that does that does not work, you can ask someone to have a regular forum phpBB a copy of the table phpbb_themes and import it into your database and problem solved.
if you want to use phpbb3
you have to convert phpbb2 db to phpbb3